Thank you for taking the time to report this bug and helping to make
Ubuntu better. We are sorry that we do not always have the capacity to
review all reported bugs in a timely manner.
Ubuntu 16.04 (xenial) reached end-of-standard-support on April 29, 2021.
Thanks for the feedback Anders. I'm sorry that it took someone over five
years in which to acknowledge your comment. I'm closing as "Invalid" as
the Xenial release is no longer being maintained.
** Changed in: xorg (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Invalid
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1625473
Title:
Xorg crashes with segfault
Status in xorg package in Ubuntu:
Invalid
Bug description:
Using Ubuntu 16.04 and a pretty modern workstation. Every once in a
while (some times every other day, sometimes three times a day) X
crashes and I'm kicked out to the login screen.
From Xorg log:
[432397.120] (EE)
[432397.120] (EE) Backtrace:
[432397.120] (EE) 0: /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg (xorg_backtrace+0x4e) [0x556c99c7b5ce]
[432397.120] (EE) 1: /usr/lib/xorg/Xorg (0x556c99ac9000+0x1b6959)
[0x556c99c7f959]
[432397.120] (EE) 2: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x7f5650860000+0x354a0)
[0x7f56508954a0]
[432397.120] (EE) 3: ?? [0x556c9b83e310]
[432397.120] (EE)
[432397.120] (EE) Segmentation fault at address 0x556c9b83e310
[432397.121] (EE)
Fatal server error:
[432397.121] (EE) Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting
[432397.121] (EE)
It seems pretty similar to this issue:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xserver-xorg-video-intel/+bug/1522727
I understand that this is probably not enough information, but please
let me know what more info you need and I'll try to get it.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+bug/1625473/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp