@floe -- thanks for the extra info! Unfortunately I'm not sure this is a
gstreamer issue (or more precisely, there may well be a gstreamer issue
on amd64, but it doesn't appear to be the case on arm64 with the Pi
Desktop image). gstreamer1.0-vaapi isn't seeded on the Pi Desktop
images, and indeed running your gst-launch reproducer plays the video
happily with no mention of gstvaapi in the console output. Just in case
it's useful, here's the output I saw:

GST_DEBUG=3 gst-launch-1.0 playbin 
uri=file:///$HOME/big_buck_bunny_720p_surround.mp4
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
0:00:00.045303856 31845 0xaaaaf25f9240 WARN                 basesrc 
gstbasesrc.c:3688:gst_base_src_start_complete:<source> pad not activated yet
0:00:00.046280739 31845 0xaaaaf25f9240 WARN                 basesrc 
gstbasesrc.c:3688:gst_base_src_start_complete:<source> pad not activated yet
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
0:00:00.096946452 31845 0xaaaaf260eb60 WARN                 qtdemux 
qtdemux.c:3121:qtdemux_parse_trex:<qtdemux0> failed to find fragment defaults 
for stream 1
0:00:00.097408468 31845 0xaaaaf260eb60 WARN                 qtdemux 
qtdemux.c:3121:qtdemux_parse_trex:<qtdemux0> failed to find fragment defaults 
for stream 2
Redistribute latency...
Redistribute latency...
Redistribute latency...
Redistribute latency...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstPulseSinkClock
Redistribute latency...

About 9 seconds in I closed the window (which was correctly playing the
video, and audio), which produced the output:

0:00:09.474384373 31845 0xffff902bc120 WARN             xvimagesink 
xvimagesink.c:568:gst_xv_image_sink_handle_xevents:<xvimagesink0> error: Output 
window was closed
ERROR: from element 
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstPlaySink:playsink/GstBin:vbin/GstXvImageSink:xvimagesink0:
 Output window was closed
Additional debug info:
../sys/xvimage/xvimagesink.c(568): gst_xv_image_sink_handle_xevents (): 
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstPlaySink:playsink/GstBin:vbin/GstXvImageSink:xvimagesink0
Execution ended after 0:00:09.137470426
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
0:00:09.477803649 31845 0xffff800609e0 WARN             xvimagesink 
xvimagesink.c:1045:gst_xv_image_sink_show_frame:<xvimagesink0> could not output 
image - no window
0:00:09.478389497 31845 0xaaaaf260eb60 WARN                 qtdemux 
qtdemux.c:6747:gst_qtdemux_loop:<qtdemux0> error: Internal data stream error.
0:00:09.478468497 31845 0xaaaaf260eb60 WARN                 qtdemux 
qtdemux.c:6747:gst_qtdemux_loop:<qtdemux0> error: streaming stopped, reason 
error (-5)
ERROR: from element 
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0:
 Internal data stream error.
Additional debug info:
../gst/isomp4/qtdemux.c(6747): gst_qtdemux_loop (): 
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstQTDemux:qtdemux0:
streaming stopped, reason error (-5)
Freeing pipeline ...

Admittedly, this was on my usual Pi desktop; I'll try it on an entirely
fresh card in a bit (as I need to do that to respond to seb128's request
for a proper stacktrace), but I suspect the result will be similar.
Still, it may be worth opening a separate bug for the gstvaapi case?

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1969512

Title:
  Totem unable to play video: "The specified movie could not be found"

Status in Totem:
  Unknown
Status in totem package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  As part of our ISO testing for the Pi desktop, we attempt to play
  
https://archive.org/download/BigBuckBunny_124/Content/big_buck_bunny_720p_surround.mp4
  with the shipped totem video player. Unfortunately, on the current
  Jammy image, totem simply reports "The specified movie could not be
  found" when attempting to play the file (the exit code is 0, no other
  errors are reported at the command line).

  I've attempted to install a few gstreamer codecs, in case that
  might've been the issue (this was necessary on some older versions),
  but neither gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly, nor gstreamer1.0-libav made any
  difference. Just to ensure the video file was intact and playable, I
  then installed vlc from the archive, which played the video happily.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/totem/+bug/1969512/+subscriptions


-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to