** Tags added: focal ** Package changed: mutter (Ubuntu) => libreoffice (Ubuntu)
-- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to mutter in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1944576 Title: Copy/paste still fails in LibreOffice Status in libreoffice package in Ubuntu: New Bug description: I am still running into the bug reported in Bug #1879968: "In Ubuntu 19.10 and 20.04 there was a bug that caused copy and paste operations to fail pretty often: the text that was pasted was not the text that was just copied. See the long discussion at bug #1852183. The bug was recently marked closed, since the package mutter - 3.36.2-1ubuntu1~20.04.1 landed in focal-updates and makes the bug occur much less frequently. "Unfortunately the bug still exists, and is not difficult to reproduce." For me the bug still exists: "Copy" in LibreOffice Writer now fails invariably. Using Ubuntu 20.04, I have four possible ways to log in: 1. Wayland 2. Ubuntu 3. Gnome (vanilla Gnome session, using Wayland) 4. Gnome on Xorg The bug occurs in all four. The bug occurs whether I use CTRL-C or use "Edit --> Copy" from the LibreOffice menu. ("Paste," by the way, is not a problem. I can paste whatever is in the clipboard. The problem lies with "Copy.") I am not able to say whether the fault lies with Mutter, with LibreOffice, with both, or with something else. To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1944576/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

