Not sure if I'm seeing the same bug, or a different one, for me it has
started happening a month or two ago, affecting news but not mail.

I normally view sorted by order received, threaded, ascending
I quite frequently switch between all and unread messages

Using the menu/view/sort-by/order received, I see the "selected"
indicator dot against "order received" and I see the "^" sort indicator
in the order received column header of the message list pane.

If I then swap between unread and all messages using the dropdown in the
toolbar, I see the "^" indicator moves to the date column header, at
this point the menu/view/sort-by still shows the selected indicator dot
next to the order received entry

But if I then navigate to a different group, and then switch back to the
original group, there is no longer *any* indicator in the menu under
view/sort-by and the sorting is messed up.

I can always reselect order received and it will sort properly until I
alter the all/unread toggle and navigate between different groups, then
the sort is broken again.

Running 45.6.0 on Win10 64 bit

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to thunderbird in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/115153

Title:
  Counter intuitive ordering for threaded Email ordered by "order
  received'

Status in Mozilla Thunderbird:
  Confirmed
Status in thunderbird package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: mozilla-thunderbird

  -> Go to the inbox, set your view to threaded and your sorting to order 
received
  -> Receive an email to an older thread

  The thread will remain in the same spot in the list, even though of
  its children is my most current email and should be on top.

  The correct way to do this would be to have the entire thread move up
  to the top, based on the received status of the children in the thread
  view.

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Wed May 16 19:02:39 2007
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 7.04
  Package: mozilla-thunderbird 1.5.0.10-0ubuntu3
  PackageArchitecture: i386
  SourcePackage: mozilla-thunderbird
  Uname: Linux dennis03 2.6.15-25-686 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Jun 14 11:34:19 UTC 
2006 i686 GNU/Linux

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/thunderbird/+bug/115153/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to