Public bug reported:
The chromium snap version 1260 has the wrong mode for chrome-sandbox, as
it happened also in bug #1854091:
```
$ /snap/bin/chromium
[4009:4009:0809/115259.781182:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(158)] The SUID
sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than
run without sandboxing I'm aborting now. You need to make sure that
/snap/chromium/1260/usr/lib/chromium-browser/chrome-sandbox is owned by root
and has mode 4755.
Trace/breakpoint trap
$ [4134:4134:0100/000000.834554:ERROR:zygote_linux.cc(653)] write: Broken pipe
(32)
```
I have reverted it to the previous version (1244) and this one works
(and has the right mode for chromium-sandbox).
** Affects: chromium-browser (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
** Tags: snap
** Tags added: snap
** Summary changed:
- The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly.
+ [snap] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured
correctly.
** Description changed:
The chromium snap version 1260 has the wrong mode for chrome-sandbox, as
- it happened also in bug #1854091):
-
+ it happened also in bug #1854091:
```
$ /snap/bin/chromium
[4009:4009:0809/115259.781182:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(158)] The SUID
sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than
run without sandboxing I'm aborting now. You need to make sure that
/snap/chromium/1260/usr/lib/chromium-browser/chrome-sandbox is owned by root
and has mode 4755.
Trace/breakpoint trap
$ [4134:4134:0100/000000.834554:ERROR:zygote_linux.cc(653)] write: Broken
pipe (32)
```
I have reverted it to the previous version (1244) and this one works
(and has the right mode for chromium-sandbox).
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1890939
Title:
[snap] The SUID sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured
correctly.
Status in chromium-browser package in Ubuntu:
New
Bug description:
The chromium snap version 1260 has the wrong mode for chrome-sandbox,
as it happened also in bug #1854091:
```
$ /snap/bin/chromium
[4009:4009:0809/115259.781182:FATAL:setuid_sandbox_host.cc(158)] The SUID
sandbox helper binary was found, but is not configured correctly. Rather than
run without sandboxing I'm aborting now. You need to make sure that
/snap/chromium/1260/usr/lib/chromium-browser/chrome-sandbox is owned by root
and has mode 4755.
Trace/breakpoint trap
$ [4134:4134:0100/000000.834554:ERROR:zygote_linux.cc(653)] write: Broken
pipe (32)
```
I have reverted it to the previous version (1244) and this one works
(and has the right mode for chromium-sandbox).
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/1890939/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp