This bug is closed for now because the information requested in comment
#2 was not provided.
I'd like to note though, that if you find 'swapoff -a' helps then that's
an indication your system was experiencing a memory leak. For some
reason Ubuntu is better able to deal with those situations when swapping
is disabled. But it doesn't mean the kernel's swapping behaviour is the
main issue...
If you would like to continue discussing this bug then please:
(a) Provide the information requested in comment #2; and
(b) Reproduce the lag situation again and while it is happening run:
ps auxw --sort -rss > allprocesses.txt
and then attach the file 'allproceses.txt' here.
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1855469
Title:
gnome-shell lags on wayland
Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
Expired
Bug description:
see https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/boosting-the-real-time-performance-
of-gnome-shell-3-34-in-ubuntu-19-10/13095/24
I’m using ubuntu on wayland for a while (Unity and Gnome since Unity
abandon). But with ubuntu 19.10 upgrade, Gnome was so slow and laggy that I had
thought to downgrade or a new laptop. I switched back to Xorg and now
everything is as smoth as usual.
I have an intel card, don’t know if it can help.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 19.10
Package: gnome-shell 3.34.1+git20191024-1ubuntu1~19.10.1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.3.0-24.26-generic 5.3.10
Uname: Linux 5.3.0-24-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: wl
ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu8.2
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Fri Dec 6 18:54:15 2019
DisplayManager: gdm3
InstallationDate: Installed on 2015-05-23 (1658 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" - Release amd64 (20150422)
RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 3.34.1+git20191107-1ubuntu1~19.10.1
SourcePackage: gnome-shell
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to eoan on 2019-11-03 (33 days ago)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1855469/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp