I have 4 workspaces. On Mon, Sep 16, 2019, 4:45 AM Paul White <[email protected]> wrote:
> @shemgp, are you running with multiple workspaces? If so, what settings > do you have set on the "Workspaces" tab in Tweaks? > > I ask as I have been seeing this problem or at least one similar since > the cosmic release. > > -- > You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug > report. > https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1843419 > > Title: > gnome-shell's alt-f2 r (refresh) kills non-gnome apps > > To manage notifications about this bug go to: > > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1843419/+subscriptions > -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1843419 Title: gnome-shell's alt-f2 r (refresh) kills non-gnome apps Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu: Confirmed Bug description: Pressing alt-f2 then r refreshes gnome-shell as expected (though now windows have black borders) but it kills apps like Firefox, but not Feedreader, nautilus, nor, gnome-terminal (those are what I tested). I expect that it should not kill any apps like in the old gnome-shell. This is useful since when gnome-shell hangs, I kill it and it refreshes. Now I can't do that without killing the other apps also. Thank you for looking into this bug. ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 19.10 Package: gnome-shell 3.33.91-1ubuntu1 ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 5.2.0-15.16-generic 5.2.9 Uname: Linux 5.2.0-15-generic x86_64 ApportVersion: 2.20.11-0ubuntu7 Architecture: amd64 CurrentDesktop: GNOME Date: Tue Sep 10 19:10:52 2019 DisplayManager: gdm3 EcryptfsInUse: Yes InstallationDate: Installed on 2015-09-28 (1442 days ago) InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 15.04 "Vivid Vervet" - Release amd64 (20150422) RelatedPackageVersions: mutter-common 3.33.91-1ubuntu1 SourcePackage: gnome-shell UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to eoan on 2019-07-26 (45 days ago) To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1843419/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

