Hi. Me again. :)

AFAIK the Time Format selector (in Settings -> Details -> Date & Time)
sets a dconf value which affects the clock in the top bar only. I just
tested on 19.04, and can't find that it affects gnome-terminal at all.

It's possible that bug #1842256 affects you. To find out, can you please
run these two commands:

cat /etc/default/locale

cat ~/.pam_environment

and show us the output here.

** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Incomplete

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1843426

Title:
  Time format setting no longer applies to terminal shell

Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  $ lsb_release -a
  No LSB modules are available.
  Distributor ID:       Ubuntu
  Description:  Ubuntu Eoan Ermine (development branch)
  Release:      19.10
  Codename:     eoan
  $ dpkg -l |grep gnome-control-center
  ii  gnome-control-center                       1:3.33.90-1ubuntu2             
      amd64        utilities to configure the GNOME desktop
  ii  gnome-control-center-data                  1:3.33.90-1ubuntu2             
      all          configuration applets for GNOME - data files
  ii  gnome-control-center-faces                 1:3.33.90-1ubuntu2             
      all          utilities to configure the GNOME desktop - faces images

  After a recent change in Eoan, I believe it was glibc, the Time Format
  selector between 24-hour and 12-hour no longer applies to the
  terminal.

  I would like my system to use the English language and English
  formats, but I do want it to adhere to my local custom of displaying
  the 24-hour clock.

  Until recently this worked automatically, but now I have to manually
  set LC_TIME to ``C.UTF-8`` to get the desired effect.

  While this may have been my responsibility all along the behavior did
  change recently.

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/1843426/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to