** Attachment added: "an example file where printing and print preview glitch 
out"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evince/+bug/1842298/+attachment/5286193/+files/Aprile-Niarchos2016_Article_NMathcalN2SupersymmetricFieldT.pdf

** Description changed:

  Evince is unable to print PDF documents from the open-access journal
  JHEP. Example file:
  https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2FJHEP07%282016%29126.pdf
  (alternatively, go to
  https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FJHEP07%282016%29126 and
  click Download).
  
  Expected behavior: When I open the file in evince, hit Ctrl+P and go to
  "Preview" or print the file, I expect to see the document properly
  rendered.
  
  Actual behavior: Both the print preview and the printed result are an
  unreadable mess.
  
  I have encountered this problem on every PDF file from JHEP that I
  tested, but didn't encounter this problem on any PDF file from any other
- source.
+ source. Only printing and print preview are affected, reading and
+ browsing the file works without issues. The problem persists when a
+ different printer is selected (in particular, it also appears when I
+ choose "print to file").
  
  Affected package: evince
  
  Version information:
  Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS, Evince version 3.28.4-0ubuntu1.2

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to evince in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1842298

Title:
  Evince printing glitches on PDF documents from JHEP

Status in evince package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  Evince is unable to print PDF documents from the open-access journal
  JHEP. Example file:
  https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007%2FJHEP07%282016%29126.pdf
  (alternatively, go to
  https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FJHEP07%282016%29126 and
  click Download).

  Expected behavior: When I open the file in evince, hit Ctrl+P and go
  to "Preview" or print the file, I expect to see the document properly
  rendered.

  Actual behavior: Both the print preview and the printed result are an
  unreadable mess.

  I have encountered this problem on every PDF file from JHEP that I
  tested, but didn't encounter this problem on any PDF file from any
  other source. Only printing and print preview are affected, reading
  and browsing the file works without issues. The problem persists when
  a different printer is selected (in particular, it also appears when I
  choose "print to file").

  Affected package: evince

  Version information:
  Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS, Evince version 3.28.4-0ubuntu1.2

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evince/+bug/1842298/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to