The bug is old and Ubuntu changed quite a lot since, there has also been
no activity here nor similar reports. Closing since we believe the issue
as described is deprecated but feel free to file a new report if you
still have problems in recent Ubuntu versions.

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)
       Status: Triaged => Invalid

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to nautilus in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/234777

Title:
  cwd is not correctly set, that creates issue when using java
  applications

Status in Nautilus:
  New
Status in nautilus package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: nautilus

  I open a path through the terminal.
  I launch a jar file using "java -jar".
  Everything works.

  I open a path through nautilus.
  I launch a jar file with double-click.
  The file's supposed to open with some
  "Sun Java 6 Runtime" (I suppose it's /usr/bin/java...?)
  The program is launched, but the current path is
  my home folder ("/home/my-user/.")!

  I mean, this code:
            JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null,
                    new File(".").getAbsolutePath());
  will show the current directory when my program
  is launched with "java -jar". But when launched by nautilus
  it will always print my home folder (whatever the current folder is)!

  Right-click -> Open with -> Open with another application... ->
  -> Use a custom command -> (typing) "java -jar"
  won't help. It's as if nautilus switched the current
  directory specially for launching the JVM,
  though I'm not sure it will only do that for
  "/usr/bin/java" (but since that's the only
  language I know that is launched through a VM...)

  And, yes, I know, I'll take a good look at Python
  as soon as I get some free time ;)

  ----------------------------------
  Ubuntu version: Hardy
  Nautilus package policy: 1:2.22.2-0ubuntu6

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nautilus/+bug/234777/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to