Thank you for your bug report, you describe different problems so those
might be better handle with different reports. Let's use this one about
the fact that the file is empty after the recording, please open other
reports for the naming/time issue (and specify the language your are
using) and the lack of UI control elements.
Some questions about the recording issue then
- Could you add the journalctl log from around the time of the issue?
- Does it work if you disable the external monitor?
Also you question why including the feature, well it's not like it was
going to be triggered by mistake so it shouldn't confuse anyone and can
be handy. If you don't like it/find it powerful enough you are of course
free to install another software for that job
** Package changed: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu) => gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided => Low
** Changed in: gnome-shell (Ubuntu)
Status: New => Incomplete
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-shell in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1810222
Title:
"Record a short screecast" creates 0-byte WEBM files
Status in gnome-shell package in Ubuntu:
Incomplete
Bug description:
Fresh install of Ubuntu 18.04. When I press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+R, I see an
orange dot in the upper-right corner, and a new .webm files in
~/Videos.
Several problems:
1. There seems to be no actionable UI for this function. If I click
the orange dot, I don't see any sort of menu, such as to pause or stop
the recording.
2. The files is incorrectly named. The timestamp uses the DD-MM-YYYY
HH:MM:SS format, but the HH is 05:26 when it's 5:26pm (it should be
17:26).
3. After I press Shift+Ctrl+Alt+R, the orange dot disappears, but the
.webm file is empty.
What am I doing wrong?
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-shell/+bug/1810222/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp