Public bug reported:

Ubuntu 18.10 Evince of a PDF

Clicking PREVIEW I get busy awhile then

Failed to print document
Failed to execute child process 
"/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/gio-launch-desktop" (Permissions denied)

--

I looked at this only because of https://community.ubuntu.com/t/failed-
to-preview-print/7956 where a user "flaviosm" reported the same thing.

In `dmesg` I noted the following

[43361.474096] audit: type=1400 audit(1536710182.492:65):
apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“exec” profile="/usr/bin/evince"
name="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/gio-launch-desktop" pid=11840
comm=“evince” requested_mask=“x” denied_mask=“x” fsuid=1000 ouid=0

I rebooted and tried again,  (same result)

[ 400.208807] audit: type=1400 audit(1536711261.421:51):
apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“exec” profile="/usr/bin/evince"
name="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/gio-launch-desktop" pid=5302
comm=“evince” requested_mask=“x” denied_mask=“x” fsuid=1000 ouid=0

Note:   I don't have a printer setup on my box (I don't print from it),
so this could be the cause!  I don't know if this applies to "flaviosm"
too..  I can connect & test after printer is setup if deemed helpful
(headcold - so no motivation currently)

Filed online as unsuccessful via via `ubuntu-bug` on actual box..

** Affects: evince (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New

** Description changed:

  Ubuntu 18.10 Evince of a PDF
  
  Clicking PREVIEW I get busy awhile then
  
  Failed to print document
  Failed to execute child process 
"/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/gio-launch-desktop" (Permissions denied)
  
  --
  
  I looked at this only because of https://community.ubuntu.com/t/failed-
- to-preview-print/7956 where as user "flaviosm" reported the same thing.
+ to-preview-print/7956 where a user "flaviosm" reported the same thing.
  
  In `dmesg` I noted the following
  
  [43361.474096] audit: type=1400 audit(1536710182.492:65):
  apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“exec” profile="/usr/bin/evince"
  name="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/gio-launch-desktop" pid=11840
  comm=“evince” requested_mask=“x” denied_mask=“x” fsuid=1000 ouid=0
  
- I rebooted and tried again,
+ I rebooted and tried again,  (same result)
  
  [ 400.208807] audit: type=1400 audit(1536711261.421:51):
  apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“exec” profile="/usr/bin/evince"
  name="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/gio-launch-desktop" pid=5302
  comm=“evince” requested_mask=“x” denied_mask=“x” fsuid=1000 ouid=0
  
- 
- Note:   I don't have a printer setup on my box (I don't print from it), so 
this could be the cause!  I don't know if this applies to "flaviosm" too..  I 
can connect & test after printer is setup if deemed helpful (headcold - so no 
motiviation currently)
+ Note:   I don't have a printer setup on my box (I don't print from it),
+ so this could be the cause!  I don't know if this applies to "flaviosm"
+ too..  I can connect & test after printer is setup if deemed helpful
+ (headcold - so no motivation currently)
  
  Filed online as unsuccessful via via `ubuntu-bug` on actual box..

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to evince in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1792648

Title:
  Can't preview document in evince - Ubuntu 18.10 Failed to execute
  child process (Permission Denied)

Status in evince package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  Ubuntu 18.10 Evince of a PDF

  Clicking PREVIEW I get busy awhile then

  Failed to print document
  Failed to execute child process 
"/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/gio-launch-desktop" (Permissions denied)

  --

  I looked at this only because of https://community.ubuntu.com/t
  /failed-to-preview-print/7956 where a user "flaviosm" reported the
  same thing.

  In `dmesg` I noted the following

  [43361.474096] audit: type=1400 audit(1536710182.492:65):
  apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“exec” profile="/usr/bin/evince"
  name="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/gio-launch-desktop" pid=11840
  comm=“evince” requested_mask=“x” denied_mask=“x” fsuid=1000 ouid=0

  I rebooted and tried again,  (same result)

  [ 400.208807] audit: type=1400 audit(1536711261.421:51):
  apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“exec” profile="/usr/bin/evince"
  name="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/glib-2.0/gio-launch-desktop" pid=5302
  comm=“evince” requested_mask=“x” denied_mask=“x” fsuid=1000 ouid=0

  Note:   I don't have a printer setup on my box (I don't print from
  it), so this could be the cause!  I don't know if this applies to
  "flaviosm" too..  I can connect & test after printer is setup if
  deemed helpful (headcold - so no motivation currently)

  Filed online as unsuccessful via via `ubuntu-bug` on actual box..

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evince/+bug/1792648/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to