Public bug reported:
Whenever I'm connected to a computer via RDP and someone else connects,
it disconnects me (like you'd expect), but the alert for this shows up
in a very odd and annoying spot.
I have a dual-screen setup, and I only ever use Remmina on the screen to
my right. I either use it fullscreen, or in the lower-right quadrant
(fullscreen for remote sessions, lower-right for the main "saved
connections" window).
When I get the alert that I've been kicked off, it displays in the
upper-left corner of my left screen, UNDER the active window (usually
Firefox). I should note that this only happens when Remmina is NOT the
active program.
When Remmina *is* the active program, the alert will pop up in the
center of the screen of whichever monitor my mouse cursor is currently
located on.
Attached is an example of the alert box I am referring to.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
Package: remmina 1.2.0-rcgit.29+dfsg-1ubuntu1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-23.25-generic 4.15.18
Uname: Linux 4.15.0-23-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Tue Jul 17 13:07:53 2018
InstallationDate: Installed on 2017-11-25 (233 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 17.10 "Artful Aardvark" - Release amd64 (20171018)
ProcEnviron:
TERM=xterm-256color
PATH=(custom, no user)
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: remmina
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-05-04 (73 days ago)
** Affects: remmina (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
** Tags: amd64 apport-bug bionic
** Attachment added: "screenshot mentioned"
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1782218/+attachment/5164613/+files/Screenshot%20from%202018-07-17%2013-16-10.png
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to remmina in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1782218
Title:
Alert box shows up in wrong spot
Status in remmina package in Ubuntu:
New
Bug description:
Whenever I'm connected to a computer via RDP and someone else
connects, it disconnects me (like you'd expect), but the alert for
this shows up in a very odd and annoying spot.
I have a dual-screen setup, and I only ever use Remmina on the screen
to my right. I either use it fullscreen, or in the lower-right
quadrant (fullscreen for remote sessions, lower-right for the main
"saved connections" window).
When I get the alert that I've been kicked off, it displays in the
upper-left corner of my left screen, UNDER the active window (usually
Firefox). I should note that this only happens when Remmina is NOT the
active program.
When Remmina *is* the active program, the alert will pop up in the
center of the screen of whichever monitor my mouse cursor is currently
located on.
Attached is an example of the alert box I am referring to.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 18.04
Package: remmina 1.2.0-rcgit.29+dfsg-1ubuntu1
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.15.0-23.25-generic 4.15.18
Uname: Linux 4.15.0-23-generic x86_64
NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia_modeset nvidia
ApportVersion: 2.20.9-0ubuntu7.2
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: ubuntu:GNOME
Date: Tue Jul 17 13:07:53 2018
InstallationDate: Installed on 2017-11-25 (233 days ago)
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 17.10 "Artful Aardvark" - Release amd64 (20171018)
ProcEnviron:
TERM=xterm-256color
PATH=(custom, no user)
XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: remmina
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to bionic on 2018-05-04 (73 days ago)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/remmina/+bug/1782218/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp