** Changed in: gnome-control-center (Ubuntu)
Status: Incomplete => Fix Released
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/351213
Title:
Screen resolution not preserved
Status in gnome-control-center package in Ubuntu:
Fix Released
Bug description:
I'm using Ubuntu 8.10 with a two monitor setup. I got it setup to work
fine with my monitors, then something happened in the last week (maybe
an update) that messed up my resolutions. Now when I go to System ->
Control Center -> Screen Resolution it does not identify my monitors,
and by default when I log in it mirrors the monitors, chooses the
wrong one as the primary, and it uses the wrong resolution. I can
unmirror it, but it won't let me choose the right resolution in one of
the monitors (1280x1025 is not listed as a choice). I can add the
choice by running xrandr --addmode VGA-0 1280x1024 and then I can see
and choose the mode and it works fine. However if I reboot and log
back in I'm stuck in the screwed up state again. I can't figure out
how to save the settings. I guess I can muck around with the xorg.conf
file but I'd rather I didn't have to. It was working fine earlier so
it looks like a regression.
Currently the xorg.conf looks like this:
---
Section "Screen"
Identifier "Configured Screen Device"
Device "Configured Video Device"
SubSection "Display"
Virtual 2880 1200
EndSubSection
EndSection
Section "Device"
Identifier "Configured Video Device"
EndSection
---
My primary monitor is 1600x1200 and the other one is 1280x1024.
Thanks
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/351213/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp