*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 382379 ***
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/382379
In the install instructions, upstream, at
http://foo2qpdl.rkkda.com/INSTALL, under the heading "CUSTOM ICC/ICM
COLOR PRINTER PROFILE (BUY)", CLP-315 is listed as a model the developer
needs a profile for, which can be contributed to the foo2qpdl project if
somebody obtains one.
So, perhaps that is the required fix.
If I have time, I may test the latest upstream version of foo2qpdl to
see if it outputs better colours than the Ubuntu packaged version, and
if not I may look into whether a better colour profile needs to be made
for the printer, and whether that is something I can do.
(I am assuming that the CLP-310 and CLP-315 are essentially the same
hardware, besides the colour of the plastic case.)
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to foo2zjs in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/378068
Title:
Unsatisfactory Quality on Samsung CLP-315 Color Laser Printer
(foomatic)
Status in foo2zjs package in Ubuntu:
Incomplete
Bug description:
Component: Samsung CLP-315 Color Laser Printer
Driver: Samsung CLP-315 Foomatic/foo2qpdl (recommended)
OS: Clean Ubuntu 9.04 Installation with current updates
System Environment: http://www.sysprofile.de/id42117
After connecting the printer the drivers were installer properly.
I can print from all applications but the resulting print-out never is
satisfying.
Images are way too dark and patchy and characters are a bit blurry.
Fortunately, the results are fine when using Samsung's original drivers.
Hoping for this to be fixed in Karmic. ;-)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/foo2zjs/+bug/378068/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp