Public bug reported:

Prior to my update today to Ubuntu 16.04, I could open a file using
gedit on the command line and it would open in the gedit window i
already have open. After updating to 16.04 when I open a file with say
`gedit /tmp/myleakycode.c` it opens in a new window.

Oddly, as I was writing this bug report it's now working I expect it to,
where opening files on the CLI adds to my existing session.

I'll follow up if I find some pattern as to what triggers this.

I am running Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 with the 4.4.0-21-generic kernel, gedit
3.18.3, terminator 0.98 to open the files.

ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
Package: gedit 3.18.3-0ubuntu4
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-21.37-generic 4.4.6
Uname: Linux 4.4.0-21-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
Architecture: amd64
CurrentDesktop: GNOME
Date: Fri Apr 22 12:54:04 2016
EcryptfsInUse: Yes
ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gedit
ProcEnviron:
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
 LANG=en_US.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: gedit
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

** Affects: gedit (Ubuntu)
     Importance: Undecided
         Status: New


** Tags: amd64 apport-bug xenial

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1573728

Title:
  Files opened with gedit on command line no longer open within the
  existing gedit session

Status in gedit package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  Prior to my update today to Ubuntu 16.04, I could open a file using
  gedit on the command line and it would open in the gedit window i
  already have open. After updating to 16.04 when I open a file with say
  `gedit /tmp/myleakycode.c` it opens in a new window.

  Oddly, as I was writing this bug report it's now working I expect it
  to, where opening files on the CLI adds to my existing session.

  I'll follow up if I find some pattern as to what triggers this.

  I am running Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 with the 4.4.0-21-generic kernel,
  gedit 3.18.3, terminator 0.98 to open the files.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 16.04
  Package: gedit 3.18.3-0ubuntu4
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 4.4.0-21.37-generic 4.4.6
  Uname: Linux 4.4.0-21-generic x86_64
  ApportVersion: 2.20.1-0ubuntu2
  Architecture: amd64
  CurrentDesktop: GNOME
  Date: Fri Apr 22 12:54:04 2016
  EcryptfsInUse: Yes
  ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/gedit
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gedit
  UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gedit/+bug/1573728/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to