*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 1268257 ***
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1268257
I still having the same trouble, the command:
sudo apt-get install --reinstall nvidia-331
doesn't work for me. I'm running now kubuntu 14.04, i started with this trouble
when upgraded from 13.10 a week ago. Until now I never ever had troubles with
nvidia driver and I’m using it for more than 10 years in different linux
versions. The most funny is that I came to this thread looking for a fix to the
trouble that I have after trying the fix showed in this forum thread
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2217923&p=13008050#post13008050
I started having trouble with the repository package, then someone say it fixes
using the nvidia installer downloaded from web, and fails again. Then someone
else say this is solved using repository package again, funny.
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers-331 in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1325426
Title:
nvidia-331 331.38-0ubuntu7: nvidia-331 kernel module failed to build
Status in “nvidia-graphics-drivers-331” package in Ubuntu:
Confirmed
Bug description:
driver failed to build when installing linux-image-3.13.0-29-generic
(3.13.0-29.52) and friends from the trusty-proposed source
ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid."; \
echo >&2 " include/generated/autoconf.h or
include/config/auto.conf are missing.";\
I'll attach the build log in case apport didn't do it automatically.
ProblemType: Package
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 14.04
Package: nvidia-331 331.38-0ubuntu7
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.13.0-27.50-generic 3.13.11
Uname: Linux 3.13.0-27-generic x86_64
ApportVersion: 2.14.1-0ubuntu3.2
Architecture: amd64
DKMSKernelVersion: 3.13.0-29-generic
Date: Sun Jun 1 16:46:37 2014
PackageVersion: 331.38-0ubuntu7
SourcePackage: nvidia-graphics-drivers-331
Title: nvidia-331 331.38-0ubuntu7: nvidia-331 kernel module failed to build
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nvidia-graphics-drivers-331/+bug/1325426/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp