Hi Yan-hoose, hi All,

>From my side, I went further in my investigations and I've found an
acceptable solution for my case. I read recently that the screen driver
might cause some issues due to some incompatibility with Ubuntu 13.10.
So I went in "System parameters", then "Softwares and updates", then the
"additional drivers" tab. I ticked there the first checkbox "Usage of
server X X.org..." (I'm trying to translate from French to English the
original text) instead of the 2nd one ("Usagve of video driver for...
AMD... fglrx-updates..."). I've attached the screenshot of the complete
window (in French), in case it can help to understand the details.

In my case, it fixed 2 issues: 
- after waking up from a sleeping mode, the computer screen is now able to turn 
the light off, after a certain time (I found out recently that I encountered 
this bug only after waking from sleeping mode)
- this screen driver is now able to manage correctly the brightness manual 
change (only difference with the other driver: the brightness levels are now 4 
instead of something like 6 or 8 previously, but it's much better than nothing 
or very random result). 

The only bug that is remaining for me is that when I close the lid of my
laptop, it goes to sleeping mode instead of shutting down (setup made
previously with "tweak tool").

Important detail: my computer is a netbook laptop ACER ASPIRE ONE 722
C62KK (AMD dual core processor c60).

** Attachment added: "Screenshot - Ubuntu - System parameters - Additional 
drivers - 2014-02-08 16:21:29.png"
   
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/1270957/+attachment/3973941/+files/Screenshot%20-%20Ubuntu%20-%20System%20parameters%20-%20Additional%20drivers%20-%202014-02-08%2016%3A21%3A29.png

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1270957

Title:
  13.10: screen does not turn off after x minutes of inactivity

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  I've just upgraded from Ubuntu 13.04 to 13.10. All is apparently
  working fine except the screen that does not turn off anymore after
  the time defined in "turn the screen off after xxx minutes". I saw
  that a similar bug was opened (​#1228939) but is now considered as
  fixed. Indeed my bug is a little different: the option is correctly
  saved, but not applied. It seems, I'm not the only one to face this
  problem. I haven't found this bug in launchpad, except the closed one
  just mentionned.

  I see also this bug described 
  here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2182779
  and here (in French): http://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?pid=15456631

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/1270957/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to