HOLD IT! Another regression in the name of 'improvement'? I've used
power saving HIBERNATE for YEARS in Ubuntu without any problems. This is
the sort of smug action that alienates potential users keen to migrate
from Windows, where hibernate works just fine. I'm currently sticking
with 12.04, where hibernate works fine, but recently - and foolishly - I
installed 13.10 on my daughter's computer. I'll be re-installing 12.04
for her tomorrow ...

Wake up, people: give the people what they need.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-control-center in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1194328

Title:
  should check that hibernate is really allowed before listing it

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  Running ubuntu 13.10 testing with gnome
  Linux tatooine 3.9.0-7-generic #15-Ubuntu SMP Fri Jun 21 12:22:17 UTC 2013 
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

  # lsb_release -rd
  Description:  Ubuntu Saucy Salamander (development branch)
  Release:      13.10

  I've set my "on close lid" action to hibernate (i've done all the
  polkit stuff and sudo pm-hibernate works fine) on settings - power,
  but it just doesn't work.

  I've installed the acpi_listen package, and when I run it and close
  the lid, nothing happens. There is no /var/log/acpid either.

  tests:

  # acpi_available 
  # echo $?
  0

  # acpi_listen 
  (at this moment i closed the lid)
  #NOTHING HAPPENED!
  ^C
  root@tatooine:~# echo $?
  130

  # service acpid status
  acpid start/running, process 1089

  # ls /etc/acpi/ -R
  /etc/acpi/:
  asus-keyboard-backlight.sh  asus-wireless.sh  events  ibm-wireless.sh  
powerbtn.sh  tosh-wireless.sh  undock.sh

  /etc/acpi/events:
  asus-keyboard-backlight-down  asus-keyboard-backlight-up  asus-wireless-off  
asus-wireless-on  ibm-wireless  lenovo-undock powerbtn  thinkpad-cmos  
tosh-wireless

  
  I'm running a Samsung Ultrabook NP530UC

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-control-center/+bug/1194328/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to