I have a temporary workaround until this issue is fixed. It seems indeed that it occurs on encrypted home directories, so the solution is to move the files away from that. Note that the files you move away from your encrypted home directory are (obviously) no longer encrypted...
Anyway, this worked for me (execute in terminal): # 1. exit Transmission (properly exit) killall transmission ps aux | grep transmission | grep -v grep # should yield nothing # 2. move the resume directory (where transmission keeps the resume files) to a non-encrypted directory: mv ~/.config/transmission/resume /tmp/transmission-resume # 3. make a symbolic link from the original location to the new one: ln -s /tmp/transmission-resume ~/.config/transmission/resume Obviously, it's also a good idea to *save* these files with long file names in a non-encrypted directory. -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to transmission in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/788626 Title: Error: Unable to save resume file: File name too long Status in Transmission: New Status in “transmission” package in Ubuntu: Confirmed Bug description: Binary package hint: transmission I'm trying to download a torrent (from http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/48348) but I get the message: "Error: Unable to save resume file: File name too long" and I don't see that there is much I can do about that. It would be nice if transmission dealt with the problem itself and made up a shorter name for itself, as I have no idea how to shorten the name myself. ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.10 Package: transmission-gtk 2.05-0ubuntu0.2 Uname: Linux 2.6.37-rc4-fireworks2 x86_64 Architecture: amd64 Date: Fri May 27 00:06:46 2011 EcryptfsInUse: Yes ExecutablePath: /usr/bin/transmission InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release amd64 (20091027) ProcEnviron: LANG=en_AU.utf8 SHELL=/usr/bin/zsh SourcePackage: transmission To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/transmission/+bug/788626/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

