I've experienced this issue during 2 weeks approximately. Started after an upgrade too.
I've 2 laptops at home and 1 desktop at the office; all running Mint, and all updated to the same version -I would need to double check this, but as I upgrade regularly I think this is the case. I've this issue at home only, in a Macbook pro 6,2. The desktop and the other laptop, both Dell, don't show this issue. At the beginning it was more like a scratched CD; but after trying to solve the problem by upgrading, downgrading, removing packages, etc. it's just silence for a period of 1 second and a half approx. I would upload part of the syslog but I don't think it's necessary, it shows pretty much this Oct 21 21:25:30 pau pulseaudio[8779]: [pulseaudio] module-udev-detect.c: /dev/snd/controlC0 is accessible: yes Oct 21 21:26:31 pulseaudio[8779]: last message repeated 478 times Oct 21 21:27:31 pulseaudio[8779]: last message repeated 480 times Oct 21 21:28:31 pulseaudio[8779]: last message repeated 420 times Oct 21 21:29:31 pulseaudio[8779]: last message repeated 236 times Oct 21 21:30:31 pulseaudio[8779]: last message repeated 231 times Pulse is running without verbose mode; just notice; I've tried to increase it by updating /etc/init/pulseaudio.conf but seems like it didn't work. I'll try again later on; but it's good to know that I'm not alone on this one. Thanks guys! -- You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop Packages, which is subscribed to alsa-driver in Ubuntu. https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1016825 Title: Audio gaps and runaway logging after a while Status in “alsa-driver” package in Ubuntu: Confirmed Bug description: Ubuntu 12.04 Behavior started after the last update from update-manager (which updated pulseaudio). Preconditions: Playing video+audio from Hauppauge PVR250 TV capture card, which intermittently stutters in audio/video delivery (half-second pause) Symptoms: After a while, the occasional stutter from audio delivery turns into a 2-second repeat - like a scratched audio cd, and pulseaudio starts logging lots and lots of: (3628.790| 0.000) D: [pulseaudio] module-udev-detect.c: /dev/snd/controlC0 is accessible: yes (3628.811| 0.021) D: [pulseaudio] module-udev-detect.c: /dev/snd/controlC2 is accessible: yes (about 10-100 rows each second) which does not stop. I.e - every few minutes, the audio stops and repeats for a couple of seconds, and then resumes normal operation, but seems to still be stuck in some loop causing above logging. Might be alsa-related, because: - Restart of pulseaudio does not remedy the problem - Stopping pulseaudio and continuing with alsa-only, still produces the 2-second pauses, but with silence instead of repeating audio. This behavior was not present before the update. ProblemType: Bug DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04 Package: pulseaudio 1:1.1-0ubuntu15.1 ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-24.39-generic 3.2.16 Uname: Linux 3.2.0-24-generic x86_64 NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia AlsaVersion: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.24. ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu8 Architecture: amd64 Card0.Amixer.info: Card hw:0 'Intel'/'HDA Intel at 0xf9ff8000 irq 70' Mixer name : 'Realtek ALC1200' Components : 'HDA:10ec0888,104383c0,00100101' Controls : 46 Simple ctrls : 22 Card1.Amixer.info: Card hw:1 'NVidia'/'HDA NVidia at 0xfbcfc000 irq 34' Mixer name : 'Nvidia GPU 40 HDMI/DP' Components : 'HDA:10de0040,104383f0,00100100' Controls : 24 Simple ctrls : 4 Card2.Amixer.info: Card hw:2 'Audigy2'/'SB Audigy 2 ZS [SB0350] (rev.4, serial:0x20021102) at 0xe880, irq 17' Mixer name : 'SigmaTel STAC9721,23' Components : 'AC97a:83847609' Controls : 210 Simple ctrls : 46 Date: Sat Jun 23 09:50:07 2012 InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release amd64 (20091027) ProcEnviron: LANGUAGE=en_US:en TERM=xterm PATH=(custom, user) LANG=en_US.UTF-8 SHELL=/bin/bash SourcePackage: pulseaudio Symptom: audio Symptom_Card: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel Symptom_Jack: Green Line Out, Rear Title: [System Product Name, Realtek ALC1200, Green Line Out, Rear] Pulseaudio fails to detect card UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to precise on 2012-05-17 (37 days ago) dmi.bios.date: 09/21/2010 dmi.bios.vendor: American Megatrends Inc. dmi.bios.version: 0908 dmi.board.asset.tag: To Be Filled By O.E.M. dmi.board.name: P6T SE dmi.board.vendor: ASUSTeK Computer INC. dmi.board.version: Rev 1.xx dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Asset-1234567890 dmi.chassis.type: 3 dmi.chassis.vendor: Chassis Manufacture dmi.chassis.version: Chassis Version dmi.modalias: dmi:bvnAmericanMegatrendsInc.:bvr0908:bd09/21/2010:svnSystemmanufacturer:pnSystemProductName:pvrSystemVersion:rvnASUSTeKComputerINC.:rnP6TSE:rvrRev1.xx:cvnChassisManufacture:ct3:cvrChassisVersion: dmi.product.name: System Product Name dmi.product.version: System Version dmi.sys.vendor: System manufacturer To manage notifications about this bug go to: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1016825/+subscriptions -- Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages Post to : [email protected] Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

