[Expired for gdm (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: gdm (Ubuntu)
       Status: Incomplete => Expired

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gdm in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/809279

Title:
  No login screen appears after starrtup.

Status in “gdm” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Hello,
  Today I installed Ubuntu 10.04 from live CD. It worked fine.
  But after I installed the update and restarted the computer as requested by 
the Update manager, the login screen prompting to enter the username didn't 
appear. Just the background. Only after clicking the screen and pressing 
different buttons several times did the login prompt finally appear. This 
happens every time I turn on my laptop. I not 100% sure whether it is a bug or 
me doing something wrong since this is the first time I'm reporting a bug but 
this happened only after I installed the updates. There were approx. 106 of 
them. 

  Hope this helps to solve the problem. I must also add that I didn't
  have any problem with same live CD on my desktop and I downloaded the
  Live CD from Ubuntu's website.

  Thank You.
  --- 
  Architecture: i386
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 10.04
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04.2 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release i386 (20110211.1)
  Package: gdm 2.30.2.is.2.30.0-0ubuntu5.2
  PackageArchitecture: i386
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_IE.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-32.62-generic-pae 2.6.32.38+drm33.16
  Tags: lucid
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-32-generic-pae i686
  UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gdm/+bug/809279/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to