Allow me to repeat what I said in one of the dupes:
I went through the changelogs, of the update where this bug arrived.
This seems the most likely part:
gnome-settings-daemon (3.4.2-0ubuntu9) quantal-proposed; urgency=low
debian/patches/revert_git_use_gsetting_keybindings.patch:
- drop the gconf to gsettings migration reverts (LP: #1035261)
I've tested it, and you can see this bug come and go, switching between
versions 0ubuntu8 and 0ubuntu9.
So it looks like g-s-d is the place to assign this bug. Perhaps that's
wrong, say, if g-s-d is fine, and it's compiz that needs to be patched
to match. I don't know the code.
For now, I'm going to change the assignment from Unity, to g-s-d and
compiz. I think that has to be closer, and people who know better can
improve it from there, as needed. Thanks.
** Package changed: unity (Ubuntu) => gnome-settings-daemon (Ubuntu)
** Changed in: unity
Status: Confirmed => Invalid
** Also affects: compiz (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-settings-daemon in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1040081
Title:
[regression] Week 34: Ctrl+Alt+T shortcut (open terminal) fails to
work
Status in Unity:
Invalid
Status in “compiz” package in Ubuntu:
Confirmed
Status in “gnome-settings-daemon” package in Ubuntu:
Confirmed
Bug description:
Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal with ppa:timo-jyrinki/prerelease on machines with GPU
(Intel, Radeon, Nvidia)
Test case ID: Can 26 - UNITY_ Test Alt+F1 KeyNavMode Shortcuts
Shortcut Ctrl+Alt+t fails to open a new terminal window. Using this
shortcut does not do anything.
Action:
#. Press Alt+F1
#. Press Ctrl + Alt + t
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.10
Package: unity 6.2.0-0ubuntu3~test4 [origin: LP-PPA-timo-jyrinki-prerelease]
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-11.11-generic 3.5.2
Uname: Linux 3.5.0-11-generic i686
ApportVersion: 2.4-0ubuntu9
Architecture: i386
CompizPlugins:
[core,composite,opengl,compiztoolbox,decor,vpswitch,snap,mousepoll,resize,place,move,wall,grid,regex,imgpng,session,gnomecompat,animation,fade,unitymtgrabhandles,workarounds,scale,expo,ezoom,unityshell]
CrashDB: unity
Date: Wed Aug 22 15:04:02 2012
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Alpha i386 (20120713.1)
ProcEnviron:
LANGUAGE=en_GB:en
TERM=xterm
PATH=(custom, no user)
LANG=en_GB.UTF-8
SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: unity
UpgradeStatus: No upgrade log present (probably fresh install)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/unity/+bug/1040081/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp