I had the issue described above, and decided to give the nouveau driver
a try instead of the proprietary nvidia driver I had been using. I
cleared out all graphics card and monitor related sections from
xorg.conf file and replaced simply with
Section "Device"
Identifier "nvidia card"
Driver "nouveau"
Option "GLXBlank" "true"
EndSection
then launched in gnome-control-center and arranged the monitors next to
one another. Now the lock screen dialog always shows up on the monitor
the mouse was last set.
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-screensaver in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/848562
Title:
gnome-shell lock screen does not display password prompt
Status in GNOME Screensaver:
Invalid
Status in GNOME Shell:
Fix Released
Status in “gnome-screensaver” package in Ubuntu:
Confirmed
Bug description:
I have two monitors, the laptop screen and an external one connected
via display port.
When I do 'ctrl-alt-L' in gnome-shell to lock the screen, the laptop
screen displays the screen background and the second monitor displays
whatever was on it before locking the screen.
When I press a key, no password prompt appears - the laptop continues
to display the background. However, entering the password at this
point unlocks the computer.
ProblemType: Bug
DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
Package: gnome-shell 3.1.90.1-0ubuntu4
Uname: Linux 3.1.0-rc6-git-20110913.0846 x86_64
ApportVersion: 1.22.1-0ubuntu2
Architecture: amd64
Date: Tue Sep 13 11:42:07 2011
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Beta amd64 (20110330)
SourcePackage: gnome-shell
UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to oneiric on 2011-09-12 (0 days ago)
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gnome-screensaver/+bug/848562/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp