This is a major annoyance. I'm fine with quick search being the default
for Ctrl+F. This is consistent with the way many other editors are
setup.  However, pressing enter should cycle through each result in the
list of matches just like every other editor I've used. I keep entering
line feeds into my documents.  Please raise the priority of this ticket.
I will use the posted workaround in the interim.  Thanks.

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/858338

Title:
  gedit should 'find next' when I press enter in find

Status in Light-Weight Text Editor for Gnome:
  New
Status in “gedit” package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete

Bug description:
  It was working in previous Ubuntu versions like I described in the
  summary.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
  Package: gedit 3.1.6-0ubuntu1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0.0-11.18-generic 3.0.4
  Uname: Linux 3.0.0-11-generic x86_64
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Sat Sep 24 18:44:19 2011
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Release amd64 (20110427.1)
  ProcEnviron:
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gedit
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to oneiric on 2011-09-09 (15 days ago)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gedit/+bug/858338/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to