On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 12:26:08PM -0500, Erinn Clark wrote: > > In particular, I'm curious to hear from the mentees -- is having a > one-on-one relationship with someone more or less scary than asking > questions to a list full of strangers? >
For me there is way less pressure with my mentor. I am grateful to have this kind of help, and having an experienced eye to look over my code for example is much less stressful for me than to just lay it out on a public list and have people take pot shots at it. (not that this is the norm but it does happen) I know I make mistakes and thats part of learning, but my mentor will simply say something like "hmmm, you should read this document..then try your code again" And in most cases this is all I need to carry on. It a long steep learning curve for me but I am suprisingly confident with my goals and that was certinally not the case before the d-w mentor project was concieved, so a HUGE thank-you for that. -- Angelina Carlton -- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]

