Hi, On 9/26/26 4:45 PM, Ansgar 🙀 wrote:
   Section: FIXME-(packages."(name)".section)
The archive uses either the value provided as an override or falls back to the value provided by the package. That works as intended.
My point is that this value should still follow the section naming rules. There's no reason why quotation marks or parentheses should ever show up in a section name, and I don't believe there's any plan to use uppercase characters or dots.
In my parser, I use a /[a-z0-9-]+/ regex, and this is the only instance I've seen that fails that test, so that would be an easy way to check, or maybe /[a-z0-9]+(-[a-z0-9]+)*/ to also make sure the first and last character isn't a dash and there are no two consecutive dashes.
This should have been caught way earlier, before it even reaches the archive, but I think the archive should really make sure the generated package lists are well-formed.
Simon

