Subject: Re: Privacy Badger WebExtension package

From: Jonas Smedegaard <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 23:14:52 +0100

Hi John,

Quoting John Scott (2020-12-28 21:52:19)
> A while ago I expressed interest in watching over the Privacy Badger 
> package with the WebExt Team, but was too busy with a different 
> package. I'm glad to see someone else was looking out for it!
> 
> Is it alright with you if I have a go at updating it?

What would be ideal for me was that you adopt the package, e.g. moving 
it back to the webext team to have others in that team help make 
releases, as it sounds like you are not a full-blown Debian Developer to 
be able to do that yourself - yet... ;-)

I care for far too many packages - about 600, last I looked - so my 
adopting this one was simply because it sounded like it would otherwise 
fall out of Debian, and I wouldn't want that to happen.  Your caring for 
it sounds great!

Is that ok with you?

> I believe I still have Salsa commit access so that's not a problem, 
> but would appreciate if you'd push your commits.

Oh.  Please check now, and let me know if there's still something 
missing...

> Also on the ML there was some discussion that new upstream versions 
> might should go into stable-updates; I think I'll take care of that as 
> well.

I guess you are referring to a mailinglist for the webext team, which I 
am not following.  I saw a mention of such issue in the RFA bug, though.

Sounds good that you intend to address that.

> If you're curious my time got spent adopting open-ath9k-htc-firmware 
> which is now in mostly good shape! Hence I'd like to package Privacy 
> Badger, also to get experience for packaging the LibreJS WebExtension.

That's nice.  Please keep up the good work - I appreciate that open 
firmware package, and will look forward to having LibreJS in Debian!

 - Jonas

-- 
 * Jonas Smedegaard - idealist & Internet-arkitekt
 * Tlf.: +45 40843136  Website: http://dr.jones.dk/

 [x] quote me freely  [ ] ask before reusing  [ ] keep private