New Yorker admits to revenge killings of grocers
A 30-year-old New Yorker has admitted to the cold-blooded
killings of four grocers he perceived to be of Middle Eastern origin, in
revenge for the 2001 terror attacks on the city, police sources
said.
"Larme Price has told detectives he had been disturbed by the terror
attacks of September 11 and wanted to hurt people of Middle East
descent," New York police chief Raymond Kelly told a press
conference.
Price appeared voluntarily at a police station on Friday and offered to
help detectives with their investigations, but officers arrested him
after they recognised his appearance and the hat he was wearing from
closed-circuit TV footage.
Price told detectives he had gone into the grocers' stores and hearing
the employees speaking in what he assumed to be Arabic, he assumed they
were talking about him.
The weapon from the last murder on March 20 was found at Price's
home.
The murders, which took place over a period of six weeks and were
attributed by the police to a serial killer, caused panic amongst small
shopkeepers in the Queens and Brooklyn neighbourhoods of New
York.
In reality, only Price's fourth victim actually came from the Middle
East.
His first three victims were from Guyana, India and Ukraine.
