Hi Elwyn and Pat, I’ve got William Taggart and Ann Sharp or Shearp,no dates.  
Then  my great grandfather ThomasTaggart 1852 - 27 th May 1919  and Ann 
McCulloch 1875-1901 my gran 
Their children, Annie Taggart 1875-1909 ,;  John Taggart 1881 I have his UK 
army papers; Ellen Taggart ; 1884-1954; Bridget Taggart 1887 ; thomas Taggart 
1888. 
Ive no siblings fir my ggf thomas Taggart 1851-27 th May 1919 
There’s a Hanna Sharp on Internet. I wonder if that coukd be Ann Sharp.  I’ve 
also found Mary Taggart Pat mentions. There’s also a Letitia Taggart and her 
mother is Mary.  On ancestry. I don’t know of them. 
Sent from my iPad

> On 28 Jun 2020, at 02:37, jeanette molloy <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Pat, I wonder if your William and Ann Taggart could be William Taggart 
> and Ann Sharp Or Shearp  who would be my gg great grandparents . My g 
> grandfather born 1851 Thomas Taggart their son. I’ve nothing more on them 
> except for what Elwyn has kindly sent me.. the only ancestry hint for Ann 
> Sharp is from one of my fathers paternal cousins who got the info from me I 
> have other siblings of Thomas Taggart and will send list tomorrow as it’s 
> very late in Scotland Jeanette 
> 
> Sent from my iPad
> 
>> On 28 Jun 2020, at 02:21, Pat via CoTyroneList 
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>> Hi. I’m also looking for some Taggart’s from Co Tyrone. My gggrandfather 
>> was Francis Taggart. He is the only Francis Taggart in the Griffiths 
>> Valuation in 1864. He lived in Liscloon Lower near Donaghedy.   His wife was 
>> Mary Brisland. They were married in Cumber Upper on 02/12/1833 They came to 
>> the US in 1880. Mary died six months after they arrives. His son, John 
>> Taggart, my grandfather, came to the US in 1868. John married Margaret 
>> McKeever, who was from Moneycannon, in NYC in 1872. Johns brothers were 
>> William and Francis, who also came to the US. Francis’s parents were William 
>> and Ann Taggart. We believe Williams parents were Francis and Dorothy 
>> Taggart who had Ann, 1758, James,1760, John, 1767, William, 1769 and 
>> Margaret 1771. They lived in Donaghmore or Castelcaulfield. The naming 
>> sequence looks right but I can’t find anything on that side of the pond. Any 
>> suggestions?
>> 
>> Sent from my iPhone
>> 
>>>> On Jun 27, 2020, at 14:43, elwyn soutter via CoTyroneList 
>>>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> 
>>> Jeanette,
>>> 
>>> Thomas Taggart’s marriage in Glasgow in 1871 records that his parents were
>>> William Taggart (farm labourer) and Ann Sharp and both were still alive at
>>> that date.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Irish RC parish records on Ancestry have a record of a Letitia Taggart
>>> baptised on 21.7.1846 to William Taggart & Ann Shearp in the parish of
>>> Drumragh, Co Tyrone (Omagh). Those parish records only start in 1846, and
>>> then there’s a gap 1847 to 1853 so if that’s your family and where Thomas
>>> was born in 1851 there won't be a record of his baptism.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> https://registers.nli.ie/registers/vtls000633038#page/5/mode/1up
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Note that Letitia’s baptism record says the father was protestant. So a
>>> mixed marriage.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> I searched to see if I could find a marriage or death in Ireland for
>>> Letitia Taggart but without success. She may have died before 1864 in which
>>> case there will be no record, or she may have left Ireland.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Griffiths Valuation for 1860 only has 1 William Taggart in Drumgath. He had
>>> a share in a house in Fountain Lane, Omagh. Given that his occupation in
>>> 1871 was stated to be a farm labourer, I’d wonder if that was the right
>>> man, living in the middle of a town.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> I looked for a possible death for William Taggart 1871 onwards and found
>>> this one in 1884 in Castle Lane Omagh (aged 84), informant was his son
>>> William.  Can’t say if it’s your family. Could be, but I'd need more
>>> information to know.
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1884/06307/4808275.pdf
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Did your Thomas have a daughter named Letitia by any chance? (Families
>>> tended to repeat names so it might be a clue, especially with a lightly
>>> unusual name like Letitia).
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Can’t help you with James Griffen. Caldon might be Caledon but there’s no
>>> James Griffen there in the 1860s in Griffiths.  Can you give us some dates
>>> and other information to put this into context?
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> Elwyn
>>> 
>>>> On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 at 21:09, jeanette molloy via CoTyroneList <
>>>> [email protected]> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> James Griffen near Caldon looks like Emmaville
>>>> Thomas Taggart 1851-1919 died Glasgow Scotland married to Ann McCulloch
>>>> 1852-1901 death Glasgow Scotland. Connections to Pomeroy Co. Tyrone
>>>> 
>>>> Sent from my iPad
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> CoTyroneList Mailing List
>>>> Mailing List Email Address: [email protected]
>>>> Change Your Preferences:
>>>> http://cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com
>>>> Mailing List Archive: https://goo.gl/mQCKrY
>>>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> CoTyroneList Mailing List
>>> Mailing List Email Address: [email protected]
>>> Change Your Preferences: 
>>> http://cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com
>>> Mailing List Archive: https://goo.gl/mQCKrY
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> CoTyroneList Mailing List
>> Mailing List Email Address: [email protected]
>> Change Your Preferences: 
>> http://cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com
>> Mailing List Archive: https://goo.gl/mQCKrY

_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList Mailing List
Mailing List Email Address: [email protected]
Change Your Preferences: 
http://cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com
Mailing List Archive: https://goo.gl/mQCKrY

Reply via email to