I am listing the information below of what I have pieced together either by direct sources or by other relations.
My 2nd great-grandfather Patrick Hagerty was born around 1820 In Tyrone. He immigrated to the United States in the 1840's. I was told his brother, John E. Hagerty, born around 1822, immigrated later to the United States (around 1860) and did live in the town of Omagh. I believe their father's name was Michael who was born around 1795. I do not have a date of death. My 2nd great grandmother was Alice O'Donnell who was born in Donegal in 1828 (august 15th) and her husband (my 2nd great grandfather) named Charles McLaughlin was also born in Ireland in 1820. I do not know any details of Charles McLaughlin, nor do I know if they were married before immigrating to the United States. The daughter of Charles McLaughlin and Alice O'Donnell, married the son of Patrick Hagety and his wife, who would later be my great grand parents. best regards, Patrick ________________________________ From: CoTyroneList <[email protected]> on behalf of Boyd Gray via CoTyroneList <[email protected]> Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 3:07 PM To: CoTyroneIreland.com Mailing List <[email protected]> Cc: Boyd Gray <[email protected]> Subject: Re: [CoTyroneMailingList] Visiting Tyrone and County Donegal in March to research Ancestors Patrick, You will need to give us some details on which Hagertys and O'Donnells are yours. These are all Hagerty-O'Donnell marriages in Donegal, none came up in Tyrone: Action Source Surname First Name Year County View Civil Marriage Hegarty Edward 1864 Co. Donegal View Church Marriage Hegarty Thomas 1868 Co. Donegal View Civil Marriage Hegarty Thomas 1868 Co. Donegal View Civil Marriage Hegarty Patrick 1876 Co. Donegal View Church Marriage Hegarty Elizabeth 1887 Co. Donegal View Civil Marriage Hegarty John 1893 Co. Donegal View Church Marriage Hegarty Michael 1894 Co. Donegal View Church Marriage Hegarty Frances 1897 Co. Donegal View Church Marriage Hegarty Bridgit 1899 Co. Donegal View Civil Marriage Haggerty Denis 1905 Co. Donegal View Civil Marriage Hegarty Mary 1910 Co. Donegal View Civil Marriage Hegarty James 1912 Co. Donegal View Civil Marriage Hegarty William John 1915 Co. Donegal Boyd https://www.westulstergenealogy.com/ https://www.facebook.com/westulstergenealogy/ http://familytrees.genopro.com/boydgray26/Boyd/ On Wed, 26 Feb 2020 at 19:39, patrick woodcock via CoTyroneList < [email protected]> wrote: > My wife and I are going to Ireland in march. While there, we will be > visiting County Tyrone and County Donegal. I’m trying to find additional > information on > My Ancestor’s, Specifically the Hagerty and O’Donnell lineage. I believe > some family member’s lived in Omagh. > > Any help with these family names as well as places I should see while in > the area would be greatly appreciated. > > Best regards, > Patrick Woodcock > > Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for > Windows 10 > > _______________________________________________ > CoTyroneList Mailing List > Mailing List Email Address: [email protected] > Change Your Preferences: > http://cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com > Mailing List Archive: https://goo.gl/mQCKrY > _______________________________________________ CoTyroneList Mailing List Mailing List Email Address: [email protected] Change Your Preferences: http://cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com Mailing List Archive: https://goo.gl/mQCKrY _______________________________________________ CoTyroneList Mailing List Mailing List Email Address: [email protected] Change Your Preferences: http://cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com Mailing List Archive: https://goo.gl/mQCKrY

