Hello Patricia,

Am unable to locate the birth of Mary from the information you have provided, 
but as Peggy’s research confirms, she was born in 1891. It will be possible to 
obtain online (at no cost) a copy of her birth certificate 
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_1891/02377/1886978.pdf
She was born in the townland (not town) of Cormore, Clogher parish: parents 
John Turbitt and Sarah Anne (formerly Hagan).

It should also be possible to obtain a copy of John and Sarah’s 1876 marriage 
certificate.

I suggest you refer to my file of the index to the 1829 Clogher parish Tithe 
Applotment Book https://www.cotyroneireland.com/tithe/clogher.html
where there are several Turbitt families recorded in Cormore (but no Hagans).

Also, it is valuable to refer to  c1860 Griffiths Valuation 
http://www.askaboutireland.ie/griffith-valuation/ where there are several 
families of both Turbitts and Hagans recorded in Cormore, Clogher parish.

Trust this is useful,
Len Swindley, Melbourne, Australia


Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10


From: CoTyroneList <[email protected]> on behalf of 
Peggy Gordon via CoTyroneList <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2020 11:39:19 AM
To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Cc: Peggy Gordon <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [CoTyroneMailingList] Seeking help with searching Turbitt from 
Tyrone

I found a marriage of John Turbot age 30 to Sarah Anne Hagan, age 19, of Eskra 
as per irishgenealogy.ie but the couple signed as John Turbitt and Sarah Anne 
O'Hagan. Aug 30, 1876 RC Chapel of Eskra, Clogher, Co. Tyrone. Maybe your 
couple.There is a daughter Mary to this couple baptised Aug 30, 1891 and a 
Margaret baptised Apr 29, 1894 in Cormore, District of Clogher.On the 1901 
census, Mary is not with the family in Cormore but there is a Mary Turbitt, age 
12, granddaughter living with widowed grandmother Sarah Hagan in Corkhill, 
Killyfaddy, Co. Tyrone.If Sarah Anne was 19 when married, she was born abt 
1857. Would be nice to see if her mother was also Sarah.Peggy
    On Sunday, January 12, 2020, 03:18:00 p.m. PST, Patricia Sheridan via 
CoTyroneList <[email protected]> wrote:

 Hi all,

    I am seeking to find any information on my grandmother born Mary (Mae) 
Ellen Turbitt 10August1895.  Her mother’s surname was O’Hagan. I tried to 
search the archives but as I do not have any information on the town she was 
born , I had no luck.
  I shall be traveling in April and was hoping to find something .
  I appreciate any help or guidance.

Kind regards,
 Patricia

Sent from my iPad
_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList Mailing List
Mailing List Email Address: [email protected]
Change Your Preferences: 
http://cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com
Mailing List Archive: https://goo.gl/mQCKrY

_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList Mailing List
Mailing List Email Address: [email protected]
Change Your Preferences: 
http://cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com
Mailing List Archive: https://goo.gl/mQCKrY
_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList Mailing List
Mailing List Email Address: [email protected]
Change Your Preferences: 
http://cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com
Mailing List Archive: https://goo.gl/mQCKrY

Reply via email to