Hope you found the data useful Sue?
Appointments are not necessary at either PRONI or the Mellon Library. I 
wouldn’t be considering any further archives as what you are hoping to locate 
is most unlikely to have survived (or may just never have been recorded): PRONI 
is excellent for their eighteenth century holdings and a visit to the 
Ulster-American Folk Park, Castletown, Omagh, is essential to gain a feel for 
life in old Tyrone.
I have enjoyed six week-long forays in PRONI; great experiences.

Len Swindley, Melbourne, Australia


Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

________________________________
From: Sue Worachek <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, September 2, 2019 4:18:18 PM
To: Pat <[email protected]>
Cc: CoTyroneIreland.com Mailing List <[email protected]>; Len 
Swindley <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [CoTyroneMailingList] Hanlin/Presbyterian/Protestant churches in 
Omagh 1742-1792

To which places must I make appointments? I am planning on going to PRONI and 
the Mellon Center.  I don’t think either of them require a reservation, correct?

Is there any place else that I should consider?

Thanks,
Sue

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 2, 2019, at 2:19 AM, Pat <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

I just want to shout a great big Thank You to Len and all those would support 
Co Tyrone. This site is helping me to understand research here. I am use to 
walking into the National Archives and doing my research. Ireland is so 
different as you must make appointments ahead of time. I love this site. Thanks 
again. Pay

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 1, 2019, at 18:35, Len Swindley via CoTyroneList 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> 
wrote:

Hello Sue,

My thoughts are that you should be looking at which church records have 
survived for congregations in and about Omagh from the mid eighteenth century. 
Sadly, this is a very big ask in Ireland. The town of Omagh lies within 
Drumragh parish, although Cappagh parish lies to the very north of the town

All early church records have been filmed by the staff of PRONI and lists may 
be found in their online catalogue
https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/publications/proni-guide-church-records

Things do not look very positive if you refer to the below: this is the best 
you can do owing to the very rushed nature of your query. Good luck with your 
search – it may be possible to locate family members who remained at home.

Len Swindley, Melbourne, Australia

DRUMRAGH PARISH
<A2622741C5D94C1097D18EC98F882D4A.jpg><210C94D481464E49B2068CC35380C29B.jpg><AD0A0A99F3DB4798A20C9910330DBDA8.jpg>
<3D2D08D9713E4546B26961A91A25C1CD.jpg>
CAPPAGH PARISH
<AA8D4A39C5B64661A532A3E773C6753C.jpg>
<0663790870DF433A9015EA46D949EC99.jpg>
<9C17DB8B4C624E54B06E7B01ED347F75.jpg><A120CC6BF58844F8A833592D6C94DAB1.jpg>


Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

From: Sue Worachek<mailto:[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, 2 September 2019 3:38 AM
To: CoTyroneIreland.com Mailing List<mailto:[email protected]>
Cc: Len Swindley<mailto:[email protected]>
Subject: Hanlin/Presbyterian/Protestant churches in Omagh 1742-1792

Does anyone know what churches were in existence in Omagh, County Tyrone from 
1742-1792? We will be in Omagh in 4 days and I will be at PRONI trying to find 
more info on Alexander Hanlin who was born there in 1743, married Nancy Stewart 
(also from Omagh) and died in 1791. She left in 1792 with her children for 
America. Please help me with any clues of where to find more information.

Thanks,
Sue
Sent from my iPad

On Aug 31, 2019, at 5:05 AM, Len Swindley via CoTyroneList 
<[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>> 
wrote:
Good luck with that Peggy and yes, these images are available via the LDS. It 
is useful to look at the acreage of the holdings; if they are of a similar 
size, it indicates that the original farm was divided indicating those recorded 
as possibly father and/or sons/ brothers; this will be confirmed if the 
properties adjoin.

Len

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

<7FB1EF69EB114D858E48BE43B6A24BF0.png>

_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList Mailing List
Mailing List Email Address: 
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
Change Your Preferences: 
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com
Mailing List Archive: https://goo.gl/mQCKrY
_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList Mailing List
Mailing List Email Address: [email protected]
Change Your Preferences: 
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com
Mailing List Archive: https://goo.gl/mQCKrY

Reply via email to