Dear Sir
I just found a reference to your website and research on Co Tyrone family 
research
A cousin and I spent almost 10 years compiling a family tree with over 700 
names dating from early 18th century right up to date.It included births 
marriages and deaths plus many thumbnail photos if the owners agreed.Most of my 
research was by personal meetings and correspondance plus visiting a few 
graveyards rather than researching old documents.
We had it online under http://www.henrylyonsofcountytyrone.orgMy cousin who was 
a Computer expert with a degree from Cambridge University in that subject did 
almost all the inputting while I gathered much of the data by meeting or 
corresponding with many contacts.
I also wrote a chapter for Dr Haldane Mitchell in his series of books named 
Images of Omagh. Volume 18 published in 2010.
Sadly my cousin decided to leave NI and take up with a new lady in France 
several years ago. Since then he has declined to make contact or reply to my 
attempts to do so. The most unfortunate thing is that he did not explain to me 
that websites and domain names are supported and maintained by companies. Both 
required a modest payment to do so but as I was unaware of this until too late, 
the website has now vanished. I still have much of the raw data and some of the 
content which I had saved but not the whole thing. And it is no longer online. 
I will be glad to co-operate with you to add much to your site not only Lyons 
info but many others as the ladies married and names changed.As I rapidly 
approach my 80th birthday it will not be a sudden huge influx for you if 
interested but I can spend a few hours most weeks if required to do so.
I await your comments
John Lyons now living in Belfast NI
_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList Mailing List
Mailing List Email Address: [email protected]
Change Your Preferences: 
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com
Mailing List Archive: https://goo.gl/mQCKrY

Reply via email to