Jim

Here is an example.  I just searched for “Birth”.   The first name listed is 
ABERCORN.  Then I put in surname ABERCORN and did a search.  It found no 
results.

Tom

From: Jim McKane via CoTyroneList
Sent: Thursday, August 2, 2018 9:34 AM
To: CoTyroneIreland.com Mailing List
Cc: Jim McKane
Subject: Re: [CoTyroneMailingList] CTI Every-Name Indexing Project

I have attempted to replicate -  Can't enter just a surname, Result- Blank 
return. 

Without success unless I enter a Surname which presently does not exist in the 
database.

Can anyone give me an example of a Surname which does exist but will not show 
on a Surname ONLY search?

Thanks
Jim
  

Jim McKane
South Bruce Peninsula, Ontario

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 10:03 AM Michael Richey via CoTyroneList 
<[email protected]> wrote:
Here are the limitations I've found so far.
Can't enter just a surname, Result- Blank return.
However, If you leave the Firstname and Surname fields blank, and select Type: 
"Birth", etc., it will display a list of names.
This is counter intuitive. 

I would not release this like it is.
Mike-

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 3:42 PM, Jim McKane via CoTyroneList 
<[email protected]> wrote:
Hello Listers - 

We feel it is time to give you, our loyal and supportive users, an update on 
this project.

While it is a HUGE project which may never get completed, unless a lot more 
volunteers come forward, it most certainly will be very useful going forward. 
It will allow users to "narrow" the search in seconds compared to our current 
"Google-type" search method.

The professional programmer and I have over 7,700 records in a "test" database. 
We'd like you to give it a look, try it out AND report back to me "off list" at 
[email protected] with any comments you wish to make......... remember there is 
no such thing as an unwanted comment.

Go here - http://test.cotyroneireland.com/names.php


In the next few weeks, we'll do some final fine-tuning before releasing it to 
the general public,.

Best regards,
Jim

Jim McKane
South Bruce Peninsula, Ontario


_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com




-- 
Michael Richey
12200 46th St. 
Perry, KS 66073
402-430-3212
_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com

_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com

Reply via email to