Breaking news!

I just found out that George Chambers (Dublin) was the brother of Mary Ann and 
Thomas.  Recall they are children of John and Martha (McCleir) Chambers of 
Newtownstewart.   Here is the connection.

Through an Ancestry.com connection I found out that Mary Ann’s son William 
Wildey (1860-1939) "in 1874 living with uncle George Chambers in Highfield 
House, Rathgar, Dublin, Ireland"

There is lots of info out there on George.  Dave, you were wondering why the 
death of John and Martha made it into Dublin newspapers.  This may be the 
reason.

George made it into the 1901 census, just before his death, 23 Jun 1901.  He 
was secretary for the Star Life Assurence Co.  In the later City Directories he 
is listed as Esq. J. P.  When he died, their residence is listed as house 12 
Stephen’s Green, North (Part) (Royal Exchange, Dublin).  He and his wife, 
Eliza, had three servants.

There was also a Will that lists Joshua William Keohler as the executor and 
primary beneficiary.  His Wife Eliza Goodwin Chambers is listed as secondary 
beneficiary/executor.   I will need to find out more about Joshua.  Interesting 
to note that my middle name is Keller.  In some of the records for my GG 
Grandfather George Keller Chambers, they wrote it that way, Keohler instead of 
Keller.  Connection?

Anyway, now there is a chance that I may find living relatives in Ireland.  
This is an exiting finding.  

I am hoping I can find a newspaper article or obituary that will give more 
information about the family of George.

Tom

_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com

Reply via email to