Wow. Thank you so much. The surname is variously spelled Mullin and Mullen in 
the census, but I hadn't tried Mullan! I will dig down into what you have 
provided.

I had come across Michael Mullin Baird previously, but hadn't been able to 
match up dates. Again, I will now dig deeper.

Thank you once again.

Ian


Sent from my iPad

> On 21 Mar 2018, at 04:47, Cora-Ann Wilson <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi Ian (again)!
> 
> Part 2:
> 
> Since my earlier reply below, I’ve found out more information (assuming I’m 
> on the right track - and there’s always a chance, I’m not!) which is 
> interesting.  This is supplementary to what I posted earlier so perhaps refer 
> to that first.
> 
> I did find the some of the records below also on Ancestry. I would have been 
> surprised if they weren’t.   A tip is to search for Tyrone, Ireland in the 
> Irish records.
> 
> I’ve  found John Mullin’s birth record based on information from his marriage 
> registration ie he was 22 in 1868 so his dob is 1846.  This was also in 
> Foremass which I’ve now discovered is a Townland ie Foremass Lower/Upper.
> 
> John Mullin was born 15 November 1846.  Parents: Michael Mullin, Ann Mcelduff 
> (as per the transcript).  
> 
> The current Parish of Errigal Kieran ie Parish of Errigal Ciaran includes St. 
> Mary’s Church, Dunmoyle (Dungannon area) - 96 Foremass Road, Sixmilecross, 
> Omagh. (google the website).
> 
> I came across an interesting website when searching for information about 
> Mullins in the area ie:  michaelmullinthebard.ie.  “The Bard of Foremass”.  
> If you search this site you’ll find the family tree which includes your John 
> Mullin (son of Michael).
> 
> One of the sponsors on one of the baptisms was a John Foremass which could be 
> a transcript error.  Or there may have been a Foremass family.  But I haven’t 
> followed that up.  Might be worth looking on Griffiths too.
> 
> I’m sure others on here who live locally will be able to fill you in about 
> this history as I’m in Australia!  And, I reiterate, I might be on the wrong 
> track!   But there’s certainly plenty of Mullins in Tyrone at that time!
> 
> Good luck!
> Cora-Ann
> 
> 
> 
> Sent from my iPad
> 
>> On 21 Mar 2018, at 9:26 am, Cora-Ann Wilson <[email protected]> wrote:
>> 
>> Hi Ian
>> I’ve found your family on RootsIreland.  Remember ‘Mullan’ is often spelled 
>> in differently as with other names!   When searching on Ancestry you need to 
>> search Irish records (not UK).  I haven’t checked but I’d be surprised if 
>> these records aren’t on there.  
>> 
>> John Mullan m Margaret Owens 12 Dec 1868.  Witness: Bridget Owens.  Fathers: 
>> Michael Owens; Bernard Mullin
>> 
>> Mary Mullin born 18 July 1870; bap 16 Aug 1870 (sponsor: Foremass)
>> Margaret Mullin Baptism 8 Jan 1872
>> Bernard Mullin born 5 Nov 1874; baptism 12 July 1874. (sponsor: Foremass)
>> Bridget Mullin born 12 July 1877. Baptism 4 Aug 1977
>> 
>> Parish for all above is Errigal Kiernan, Co.Tyrone.   The address is given 
>> as ‘Foremass’.  That might refer to the home of the sponsor.   I’ll follow 
>> this up when I have time.
>> 
>> Hope this helps.
>>  Cora-Ann 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> Sent from my iPad
>> 
>>> On 21 Mar 2018, at 6:29 am, Ian Moules <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> 
>>> I am seeking help to identify marriage and birth records for John Mullin 
>>> and his family.
>>> 
>>> My 2x great grandfather is John Mullin (b1826). He and his wife Margaret 
>>> (possibly Owens) had four children born in Tyrone (probably Foremass): Mary 
>>> (1871), Margaret (1873, my great grandmother), Bernard (1875) and Bridget 
>>> (1878).
>>> 
>>> By 1881, they had moved to Consett, Co Durham, to work at the iron works. I 
>>> know that there is a strong link between Consett and Tyrone with many 
>>> families doing the same thing. 
>>> 
>>> I have had difficulty in tracing any of the birth/marriage records from 
>>> Ireland using Ancestry.co.uk, so I was hoping that members of this site may 
>>> be able to help.
>>> 
>>> Regards
>>> 
>>> Ian
>>> 
>>> Sent from my iPad
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> CoTyroneList mailing list
>>> [email protected]
>>> http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com
>> _______________________________________________
>> CoTyroneList mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com
_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com

Reply via email to