Hello Len
Many thanks for the information. I have now located it on the old Ordnance 
Survey maps and on present day Google maps. Did a Google walk and had a look at 
the building too. 
Thanks to Norman too for your efforts on my behalf. I got very confused trying 
to pinpoint the right church and location.
Regards Marion

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Len Swindley
Sent: 19 March 2018 01:27
To: Marion; [email protected]
Subject: Re: [CoTyroneMailingList] [SUSPECT] 2nd Strabane Presbyterian church

Hello Marion,

Second Strabane Presbyterian Church was located in Leeper's Brae in Strabane 
town (but in Leckpatrick parish). The First (located in Camus-juxta-Mourne 
parish) and Second congregations amalgamated c1910. Second Strabane drew a 
significant section of its members from the Lifford area of Co. Donegal. It was 
an Anti-Burgher congregation formed c1816.  
The meeting house survives and is now a warehouse.

Trust this assists your research,
Len Swindley, Melbourne, Australia


From: CoTyroneList <[email protected]> on behalf of 
Marion <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, 19 March 2018 4:31:45 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [CoTyroneMailingList] [SUSPECT] 2nd Strabane Presbyterian church 
 
Hello All
 
I have been looking at various marriage records which took place at 2nd 
Strabane Presbyterian church in the early twentieth century, but I am unsure 
where it was. I would be grateful if anyone could tell me and if they know 
anything else about it I would be very interested. The people marrying were 
Andersons from Ballybogan.
Many thanks
 
Marion Shephard
 
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
 

_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com

Reply via email to