Additional ancestors:
Janette Sylma Kyle MacLaine (daughter of Hazel Kyle)
>According to statements made by Hazel Kyle Henderson, Janette and her husband
>(possibly Martin B MacLaine) ran a B&B in Portaballintrae (or possibly
>Portrush) called the Beach Hotel.
Hello, my name is Robert Shelton. I live in Colorado, USA and am researching
family history on the Thompson / Allen / Kyle / McCartney / Kincaid family from
County Tyrone, Ireland. I received documentation from earlier research
completed by Mr. Leland Puttcamp back in the mid 1980s. For whatever reason,
the research was discontinued so I’m picking it back up. I will be traveling
to Northern Ireland in April/May of this year (2018). I hope to find
documentation (birth certificates, marriage certificates of family members).
It would also be wonderful to find living relatives in the area. The
Thompson’s immigrated to the US in 1848 (according to US census data). The
Allen family most likely immigrated earlier, but I don’t have any leads on this
information.
My ancestors are:
William Thompson (born abt. 1797) and Letitia Kyle (born abt. 1810)
David W Thompson (born abt. 1844) and Margaret J Allen (born abt. 1845)
> William and Letitia Thompson had several children: David, John, Robert,
> William, Mary E, James, Thomas, Gregory, Joseph, Samuel and Ellen J.
> David and Margaret had the following children: James, Gertrude, Margaret E,
> Rhoda Ella, and William.
Parents of Letitia Kyle were Robert Kyle (born abt. 1779) and Letitia Kincaid
(born abt. 1776)
Parents of Margaret J Allen were James Allen (born abt. 1803) and Margaret
McCartney (born abt. 1806)
Parents of Margaret Allen were James S Allen (born att. 1802) and Margaret
McCartney (born abt 1806).
During the time Mr. Puttcamp was researching my family ancestors, he was
communicating with Mrs. Hazel Kyle Henderson (great-great granddaughter of
Gregory Kyle (brother of Letitia Kyle). Hazel Kyle Henderson passed away in
2009 (I believe), but may still have living relatives in the area.
If anyone has information on my family lineage, I would be so grateful to hear
from you. My email is [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
My lineage:
William and Letitia Kyle
>David and Margaret (Kyle) Thompson
>>Samuel Henry and Margaret E (Thompson) Shelton
>>>Harley E and Irene Marie (Lake) Shelton
>>>>Larry Neal and Catherine Mae (Wilkerson) Shelton
>>>>>Robert Shelton of Colorado (me)
_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com