Hi Robert,
I have been reading your blog about the Fentons with interest as my ancestors 
come from near Urney and was intrigued by the OS map showing Urney. The 
earliest OS I have seen before was 1832 and I wondered where this earlier one 
could be found. Is it available on line and if not where might I find it?
Regards Marion Shephard

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Robert Forrest
Sent: 30 October 2017 13:49
To: [email protected]
Subject: [CoTyroneMailingList] Fenton estate Cappagh parish

In my latest blog I try to trace the history of the Fenton estate in the parish 
of Cappagh, Co Tyrone. 

The Fenton family in question actually resided in the parish of Urney and John 
Fenton (1777-1861) built a house called Maryville there which he subsequently 
sold
to Sir James Galbraith who upgraded the house and renamed it Urney Park.

I make an honest attempt to trace the history of the four townland lands that 
the Fentons held by fee farm grant in the parish of Cappagh but as you can 
imagine it 
was not easy!

http://www.ulstergenealogyandlocalhistoryblog.com/

_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com

Reply via email to