Hi Chuck 

You're in luck ..... 

You need to read the book "Nelson's Surgeon" by Laurence Brockliss, John 
Cardwell and Michael Moss. (Oxford Univ Press). 

All about another William Beatty (1773 - 1842) who was later knighted. 

An early chapter gives a well-researched background into the Beatty family of 
Cookstown ..... ! Will send you some pages when I can get to my PC. 

Will try now to send you a cellphone-photo of a Beatty family tree. Shows 
presumably your "Henry Beatty (emigrated to America)" ... as eldest son of 
"Capt. William Beatty (b. Cookstown 1671, d. 1774)". 

Quite a military hero at the time of the Siege of Londonderry/Battle of the 
Boyne. 

Sincerely 

Dave Mitchell 
Cape Town 
South Africa 

-----Original Message----- 
From: "Chuck Zeh" <[email protected]> 
To: [email protected] 
Cc: "Martha Zeh" <[email protected]> 
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2017 04:47:53 PM 
Subject: [CoTyroneMailingList] Beatty visiting from US 

My wife, I and best friends will be visiting Cookstown in the near future, 
September 26 and 27. My mother’s family, “Beatty” has it origin from Cookstown. 
I’ve searched your site and was unsuccessful in finding any specific reference 
to my ancestors. My ancestor emigrated from Ireland quite some time ago, in the 
1750’s. 

I’d appreciate help in searching any connections that may exist. Here’s is what 
I know of my ancestry: 

Henry Beatty born in Ireland married to Catherine. Henry died September 1772 
and was buried in Cumberland, Pennsylvania, USA. It was written that Henry came 
to America from Cookstown, County, Ireland. Henry and Catherine had 7 children: 

William Beatty born 1738, Tyrone, Ireland. 
James Beatty 
Elizabeth Beatty 
Margaret Beatty 
Walter Beatty 
John Beatty born 1756 
Henry Beatty 

It was written that Henry died before his wife and children were able to join 
him in the US while other information suggests that his older sons came with 
him. 

William Beatty was born 1738, Tyrone, Ireland. William married Mary Johnson who 
was born 1746. I don’t know if she was born in Ireland. Her parents were James 
Johnson and Elizabeth Brown. James Johnson was born in 1697. Although his 
cemetery write-up says “Northern Ireland” my cousin found information stating 
Annandale, Dumfrieshire, Scotland. 

Any my cousin reminded me our lineage is the Protestant Beatty’s. 

I would appreciate any assistance you can provide. Our party will be leaving 
the US on September 16, 2017, touring Southern Ireland and then Northern 
Ireland beginning on September 26, 2017. Thanks. 

Charles “Chuck” Zeh (mother maiden name Beatty) 
[email protected] 
Morgantown, WV 
USA 

P.S. We will have a cell phone with us while traveling. If there is a number to 
reach others while in Ireland we can call them. 
_______________________________________________ 
CoTyroneList mailing list 
[email protected] 
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com
 

_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com

Reply via email to