Hello all
I will be visiting County Tyrone next month and will be trying to learn as much 
about my grandfather's family as I can while there. His father's farm (James 
Morrison) was in Loughterush townland in Kilskeery Parish, and his maternal 
grandfather's farm (Joseph Masterson) - where he sometimes stayed - was located 
in Derry townland in Kilskeery Parish. My grandfather came to the states in 
1914 at the age of 18. I know that the Morrison farm was sold by the last 
family member to live on it (or his estate after he died) around 1980. I have 
not been able to find any current info on the Masterson farm.

My questions are:

What Methodist church would the family likely have attended around 1900 in the 
area around Kilskeery?

Otherwise, where might I find information regarding what cemeteries my 
ancestors may be in?

Where would records (birth, death, marriage, real estate, etc.) be maintained 
for Kilskeery Parish?

Are there local directories if I want to try and find living relatives?

Any and all advice regarding genealogical research while there would be 
appreciated.

Thanks!

 


Rick Smoll

_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist_cotyroneireland.com

Reply via email to