I didn't mind looking, and would look more on google books. You had said in your previous email he was Rev William Pilkington. Now you say Rev Jos Pilkington, I guess your looking at 2 generations? Thanks for commenting. You had no luck at google books? Usually find some obscure info there.

Tammy
- -
/Love the Hunt & Love the Stories!
Please consider making a donation <http://www.tammymitchell.com/#Research> to me if I assist & you gain new knowledge about your family's ancestors or descendants. You'll be helping me cover costs of various memberships I keep/use in order to help. Or... do your part to assist others, take the Family Finder DNA test at FTDNA <https://www.familytreedna.com/family-finder-compare.aspx>/
- -
On 04/07/2017 4:24 AM, Bob and Rosemary Spiller wrote:

Thank you Tammy. I know a fair bit about the Rev Jos Pilkington born circa 1789, died 1845. It is the historical incident of a meeting/discussion involving Drumquin RC Priest Father McHugh and Protestant counterparts in 1828 at Omagh I am pursuing. Have been given one good lead thus far. Pls do not trouble yourself. I just thought that perhaps somebody would know of it and, indeed, this is at least partially true.

Regards

Bob Spiller
Woodlands
263 Iron Mines Road
GUNNING  NSW  2581
Ph/Fax:    48458217
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>


On 04/07/2017 4:02 PM, "Tammy Mitchell Mowat via CoTyroneList" <[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:

    Hi Bob,

    I started to poke around on google books. I found a reference to
    his death on page 16 of this link
    
http://colerainefhs.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Notes-from-Londonderry-Journal.pdf
    
<http://colerainefhs.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Notes-from-Londonderry-Journal.pdf>

    13 - Apr - 1779
    Died at Omagh Rev William Pilkington

    Maybe you can search a few names from your email on the google
    books site
    I'll try again tomorrow, see if anything else comes up.

    Tammy

    - -
    /Love the Hunt & Love the Stories!
    Please consider making a donation
    <http://www.tammymitchell.com/#Research
    <http://www.tammymitchell.com/#Research>> to me if I assist & you
    gain new knowledge about your family's ancestors or descendants.
    You'll be helping me cover costs of various memberships I keep/use
    in order to help.
    Or... do your part to assist others, take the Family Finder DNA
    test at FTDNA
    <https://www.familytreedna.com/family-finder-compare.aspx
    <https://www.familytreedna.com/family-finder-compare.aspx>>/
    - -

    On 02/07/2017 10:44 PM, Bob SpillerKirlish via CoTyroneList wrote:


        I have recently seen a reference to a meeting in the Omagh
        courthouse attended by Drumquin based Roman Catholic priest
        Father McHugh and Protestant clergymen circa 1828.  Would
        anybody out there know any of the details about this?  Or able
        to give me a hint or reference about where to look for more?

        A Google search has proved fruitless thus far.  So too reading
        the great/Strabane Morning Post /E book available from this
        site. I will resume battle later but hope a Tyrone historian
        may be able to put me straight.  My 3^rd great grandfather,
        the Drumquin based Rev William Pilkington may have been among
        the throng on that day – hence my interest.


        Thank you to the organisers of this network.  Good on you for
        a great job.

        /Bob/


        Bob Spiller

        263 Iron Mines Rd

        GUNNING  NSW  2581

        AUSTRALIA

        Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986
        <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>> for Windows 10



        _______________________________________________
        CoTyroneList mailing list
        [email protected]
        <mailto:[email protected]>
        http://lists.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist
        <http://lists.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist>


    _______________________________________________
    CoTyroneList mailing list
    [email protected]
    <mailto:[email protected]>
    http://lists.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist
    <http://lists.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist>



_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist

Reply via email to