Having fresh eyes look at this has been so helpful. A lot of the information we 
have started with is from my Dad's research. Talking to my brother we looked at 
all the census, death certificate and other information on John Caroline and we 
see his birth ranging from 1818-1835. The more official documents do seem to 
have his birthday closer to about 1821. This will be very helpful in our 
research! 
Thank you so much Tammy!! 

    On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 5:40 PM, CoTyroneIreland.com Mailing List 
<[email protected]> wrote:
 

  I believe based on the age in this marriage record, that he is listed as 37. 
Therefore in 1858, that would make him born around 1821, rather then 1835. 
Perhaps this might help. 
 
 I'm not sure if the record will go to the list as an attachment. If it doesn't 
show up with this email, please email me directly and I'll send it to you if 
you'd like it. 
 
 
 Tammy
 ancestry [at] ripandrevmedia.ca
 - -
 Love the Hunt & Love the Stories!
 Please consider making a donation to me if I assist & you gain new knowledge 
about your family's ancestors or descendants. You'll be helping me cover costs 
of various memberships I keep/use in order to help.
 Or... do your part to assist others, take the Family Finder DNA test at FTDNA
 - -
  On 27/06/2017 2:36 PM, CoTyroneIreland.com Mailing List wrote:
  
 
 Hi Maureen, 
 
 Did you ever find a census record for John and his wife in Scotland, after 
their marriage? 1861?
 Where in Scotland did they get married? 
 
 Tammy
 
 - -
 Love the Hunt & Love the Stories!
 Please consider making a donation to me if I assist & you gain new knowledge 
about your family's ancestors or descendants. You'll be helping me cover costs 
of various memberships I keep/use in order to  help.
 Or... do your part to assist others, take the Family Finder DNA test at FTDNA
 - -
  On 27/06/2017 12:30 PM, CoTyroneIreland.com Mailing List wrote:
  
  Hello, Thank you to all who contribute to this site, it has been very 
helpful. 
  My Dad is 93 yrs. old and he has spent years working on our family tree all 
without using a computer. My brother and I are now helping but with technology 
as a tool. 
  Our first clue is when John Carolan/Caroline was married in Scotland. He 
listed his father as James Carolan and his mother as Sarah Crossin. We can 
trace the family with few gaps from his marriage in 1858 to his death in 
Minnesota in 1915. When he entered a home for the aged he listed that he was 
born in County Tyrone Ireland and his parents were James Caroline and Sarah 
Russell. 
  I have found several James/Jacobus Carolan's and Sarah/Saram Crossans in the 
Clonleigh-Lifford Tyrone area. I believe the Roman Catholic Diocese included 
both Donegal and Tyrone. The names also both appear in the Killeter area. I can 
not find a marriage record for James and Sarah or a birth record for John who 
we believe was born about 1835. 
  We have done the ancestry DNA and have also downloaded it in Family Tree. My 
brother Tim Caroline has our tree on Ancestry. 
  This would mean the world to my Dad who has a birthday next month and to all 
of us if we could fill in a few more blanks in John Caroline's life. If anyone 
has Carolan/Caroline research it would be greatly appreciated! 
  Thank you so much, Maureen Espelien 
  
   
  
 _______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist
 
 
 
  
 _______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist
 
 _______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist


   
_______________________________________________
CoTyroneList mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.cotyroneireland.com/mailman/listinfo/cotyronelist

Reply via email to