I'm trying to understand why Klucel M is not used in paper conservation and so 
rarely mentionned in the professional litterature. This consolidant has a DP 
much higher than the Klucel G (5000 versus 300!) and could be a solution to 
increase the adesivity of Klucel in alcohol...
The only information I found, in the litterature I have, is in the study on 
cellulose ethers publicated by the Getty Institute in 1990. The conclusions are 
not very positive for this consolidant but not clearly more negative than for 
Klucel G:
"In thin films and in low-percentage applications such as size, the extent of 
discoloration may not be serious. The higher molecular weight grades, M and H, 
seem to be less stable than the lower, G and L."
See: "Evaluation of Cellulose Ethers for 
Conservation"(https://www.google.com/search?q=Evaluation+of+Cellulose+Ethers+for+Conservation&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b)

If you have any information about the ageing of this product or if you have any 
experience in using it, I would be very interested.


Cédric Lelièvre


Atelier Cédric Lelièvre

Conservation préventive et restauration

9, rue du château Fadaise. 30900 Nîmes FRANCE

+33 (0)4 66 77 34 81  - 06 17 63 27 93

[email protected]

<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>
******
Unsubscribe by sending a message to [email protected]
Searchable archives: http://cool.conservation-us.org/byform/mailing-lists/cdl/

Reply via email to