DaanHoogland commented on PR #13850: URL: https://github.com/apache/cloudstack/pull/13850#issuecomment-5907539386
> > > @sureshanaparti I think the target branch should not be 4.22 as this is not a bug > > > > > > @weizhouapache , you are right, but I think we can classify this as a minor improvement and put it on LTS branches. > > @DaanHoogland LTS does accept some improvement/enhancement [1]: > > `** LTS may accept enhancement if it adds support or improvements for an core components such as support for a new hypervisor versions, guest OSs, and maintenance of core infrastructure plugins (storage, networks etc) to allow users to upgrade their infra without requiring them to perform a full CloudStack major upgrade.` > > this PR seems not to be included. > > [1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/spaces/CLOUDSTACK/pages/67637339/LTS you are right that this, a backwards compatible API improvement is not mentioned. But it is not explicitely excluded either. I would have interpreted it as this is allowed, but am willing to change my mind ;) we can add a text like `but not limitted to...` or change `such as support` to a text like `only the following types of changes...`. for this particular PR it is not very important I think. -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected]
