Hi All,

I have been charged witha  project at work and could use some 
suggestions for a solution.

We have a partner that requires a temporary webspace for posting shared 
calander information and a documents repository for a short period of 
time.  It would essentially be one person doing all of the uploading 
with others downloading the information from the site.

I am looking for something that would basically hang off of our main 
webpage as a subfolder (i.e. www.domain.com/sample/...) with their 
information located their.  We obviously want to make sure that they 
only have access to that one area agin with the one person have the 
ability to upload files and share calander information, so if we 
controlled that with a password that would work.

I was thinking some type of forum software or a wiki that could be 
dropped into that webspace.  Keep in mind that this is a hosted domain 
and I am not sure what limitations we may have for scripting and such. 
I guess what we are looking for is something like an ftp site but with 
more of a web page feel to make it easier to navigate for the basic 
users that would be accessing it.  The way we currently access our 
website is to log in, upload the new files and logout.  If we could make 
it that simple for them, great, but I just can't think if its possible 
to nestle a secured site within a secured site.

I don't know if this makes a lot of sense as I am a bit brain dead 
today.  I haven't googled anything yet because I a not 100% sure what I 
should be looking for other than a form type product.

And helpful suggestions welcomed.

Cameron

_______________________________________________
clug-talk mailing list
[email protected]
http://clug.ca/mailman/listinfo/clug-talk_clug.ca
Mailing List Guidelines (http://clug.ca/ml_guidelines.php)
**Please remove these lines when replying

Reply via email to