I would also recommend to have a look at openl2tp.
Software LNS are a good solution if you only need basic features. If you
want to separate user in vrf/context it was a bit more complicated, as
you have to dedicate instance by vrf. but nothing impossible.
So the choice is as always, a relative expensive, but good hardware
platform, or a home solution which need much more engineering.
Or you can mix the two approach, I got a friend who handle 10K of
subscribers using a cluster of X c890 if I remember correctly.
Regards,
--
Raphael Mazelier
Le 22/05/2016 à 03:52, Patrick Cole a écrit :
I have used l2tpns in a cluster successfully in the past for this.
It's capable of doing 65k sessions per cluster if you throw enough
nodes at it.
The codebase is fairly stable and has been around for a long time
but isn't really maintained anymore.
We recently moved to the ASR1k platform for BRAS and had similar
gripes over the licensing prices, but just so you know the licenses
are honesty based on the ASR1k, the box will run at any license
level once you accept the EULA, but don't expect TAC to be jumping
to support you when your unlicensed features don't work.
We ended up talking direct to a local Cisco rep and they were able
to get us fully licensed boxes for the right price point.
Regards,
Patrick
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/