On 03/23/2015 09:53 PM, CiscoNSP List wrote:
Would really like other people thoughts on the ASR920, and why Cisco are now 
"anti-ME" (Well they certainly arent making them an attractive option v's the 
ASR920) ??

Cheers.

I got this link back from the folks who quoted the asr920 for me. Looks like Gert was correct - the "pay as you grow" model is in full effect. I was expecting to have to turn on 10ge ports, but I'm surprised that in many cases you have to "grow into" your 1ge ports as well.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr920/configuration/guide/csa/b_port_licensing_asr920.html

Still, what we've been given for pricing, assuming the pay as you grow doesn't double the cost, is very attractive for customer facing edge gear. The project scope hasn't been defined, and may never be, but assuming we're just looking at l2/l3vpn and non-BGP DIA I'm going to give these serious consideration.

Thanks for all of the info folks!

Tim Densmore
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to