On 2015-03-19 9:21 AM, Phil Mayers wrote:
That's kind of odd. 0.2ms on that kind of loading makes it surprising
there's reordering. Where *is* that packet for 0.2ms?

I was wondering if it was a port asic grouping / buffering thing, with
packets from other ports on  the SPAN ports own ASIC arriving "early",
but the times and bandwidths, gut feeling says not.

Odd.

On the one specific example that I was able to capture, the out-of-order exchange is happening between two machines on Gi1/0/12 and Gi1/0/14 (same port ASIC group I think?). The monitor destination port is Gi2/0/10, the other switch in the stack.

I haven't ruled out the possibility that the capture server is actually reordering the packets somehow. The capture server has two NICs connected to two different SPAN sessions. The two NICs are bonded with Linux ethernet bonding, mode 3 (broadcast). The out-of-order packets show up when capturing on the bond0 interface and the physical ethX interface. I think I'm going to have to try removing the bond configuration completely and just capturing on the one physical interface.
_______________________________________________
cisco-nsp mailing list  [email protected]
https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-nsp
archive at http://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/

Reply via email to